Mike Wilde is foiled by Colin Reynolds' tackle as Hugh Clarke looks on. [Photo: Phil Blagg, County Times]

Total Network Solutions 2-0 Caersws FC
Saturday 4 October 2021
Welsh Cup Second Round: Home - Treflan

TNS have been made clear favourites to lift the Welsh Cup after their 2-0 victory over Caersws - and the shock exit of Bangor City.
The third round draw sees Cymru Alliance side Llangefni Town visit Treflan.
Eleven months after crashing out against the Bluebirds, Saints gained revenge although progress was not easy in a scrappy encounter at Treflan.
Goals from Mike Wilde and Stephen Beck settled the game, but TNS did it the hard way for the second week running, losing Jamie Wood to a red card early in the second half. A lacklustre encounter of few chances saw TNS eventually make the breakthrough on the half hour when Scott Ruscoe crossed from deep on the right.
Chris King stole in at the back post to head across goal and Mike Wilde nodded in from close range.
The second period was just seven minutes old when Wood was given his marching orders for comments made to the referee's assistant having been booked for diving moments earlier.
But Caersws continued to make little impression, with a lack of service to the front men underlining their shortcomings in a stop-start second half.
Evans and Andy Davies did muster a couple of low efforts while at the other end Brabin failed to convert Naylor's low cross from the right.
With Caersws running out of ideas, it was Saints who sealed victory two minutes from time when Naylor released substitute Stephen Beck who lifted the ball over advancing ex-TNS keeper Andy Mulliner.
Although Caersws failed to exploit their one-man advantage, boss Ken McKenna was far from happy at his side's performance and his striker's lack of discipline.
"The only good thing was the result. For some reason, we were sloppy and lazy and just never got going," he admitted.

Cup of shocks
On a weekend of shocks, perhaps it was not surprising to see struggling Barry Town make their exit at the hands of Welsh Leaguers, Risca & Gelli United, 2-1 at Jenner Park.
But the upset of the round was at Farrar Road, where Glantraeth, currently second in the Cymru Alliance, beat Bangor 7-6 on penalties after a goal-less game.
Carmarthen also fell to lower grade opposition, losing 2-1 to former Welsh Premier side UWIC Inter Cardiff.
6 October 2021