SAINTS-ALIVE! Forum Index SAINTS-ALIVE!
The Total Network Solutions F C Forum

SAINTS-ALIVE! HOME PAGE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info on TNS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Info on TNS Reply with quote

I've been reading some of the posts on the merger with Oswestry, and was a bit confused as to where exactly TNS now play.....is it Llansantffraid or Oswestry? There was some talk about a brand new stadium is that still happening or has it happened?!

My knowledge of Welsh league football is pretty poor, what level would you compare TNS with at English level, would it be conference level or am I way off the mark?

cheers for any help
The Cat
ps Excellent website, one of the best i've ever seen!
Chris King #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are still llansantffraid at the mo but unfortuantely we are moving to oswestry! they are a welsh side with a ground in england....dont sound right does it?!?! at their best can play pretty good. cant really compare them to any english side coz i dont really tune in with that part of footy! sorry!
The Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Chris, it does seem a bit of a strange situation!! When do you think the move to Oswestry will take place?

I suppose the fact that TNS didn't get disgraced against Man City, suggests that they are a pretty strong side, and looking at some of the player profiles, I see that quite a few have football league experience.

I'll have to take a drive over and come and see them play for myself sometime.

cheers

The Cat
The Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised that here I am typing thanks for the info "Chris", and i've now realised your logon name is due to a certain Mr King who plays for the side!
tom_leather

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At our best - lower conference level but at our worst probably dr martens or below.
The worst teams in the WP would be lower than that every week i'd guess.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNS are due to be playing in a new stadium in Oswestry by 2005/6 season. An announcement about the location is expected soon. It's a shame in many ways, but the fan base in Llansantffraid remains relatively small and I, for one, won't mind driving the six miles to Oswestry, if it results in larger crowds and a better atmosphere.
Why don't you come over and watch a game to judge the standard for yourself - you would be very welcome.
I think we would have difficulty surviving in the Conference, but it is difficult to judge from watching Welsh Premier games as often, TNS only play as well as they need to.
The Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere, probably on this site, that if TNS move to Oswestry,UEFA won't be happy....something with regards to the fact that the european games have got to be played in Wales.....how will this be overcome?

Cheers
The Cat
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNS already have Uefa approval to play their European games in Oswestry. That was the whole point of the merger.
As early members of the FA of Wales, Oswestry Town had a dispensation to play in England.
That dispensation now carries over to the merged club.
TNS plan to build a stadium in Oswestry that meets Uefa criteria, something that would not be logistically possible - or viable - on the current site in Llansantffraid.
In the meantime, European games will be played at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground or, of course, the Millennium Stadium if we draw Real Madrid!
Adrian Ward

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: cat Reply with quote

hey cat, i might be a bit out of date her as ive only just read this forum but if you still havnt watched TNS play live,then come down and watch the TNS v Wrexham game, i no i want to be there koz i live in wrexham,i follow TNS(mainly koz of my bro), and i h8 wrexham,shud be a great 4 me(as long as we win,and nick dont miss a penalty)
Chris King #1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do u ever come and watch wardy play?
Adrian Ward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last season i was there alot,this season ive nly been able 2 make it 2 1 game which was when the won 2-1 the other week
mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: eafae Reply with quote

aefaef
Belfast Blue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think that TNS Wales are on the same level as Irish League clubs (in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland), the game against Linfield undoubtedly proved that! The only thing I found lacking in the TNS set-up was discipline on the pitch, they need a strong central player to run the show etc.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Steve Evans - our normal central defender and organiser - was injured in training and didn't play last night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SAINTS-ALIVE! Forum Index -> CLUB NEWS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: