SAINTS-ALIVE! Forum Index SAINTS-ALIVE!
The New Saints F C Forum

RegisterBack to saints-alive home page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newport v TNS match reviews etc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Newport v TNS match reviews etc Reply with quote

Please post by midnight Friday.

As with the televised Cardiff game, contributions from those who watch on the box are perfectly welcome, remember you will have the benefit of seeing replays of the disallowed penalty claims, which those of us at the ground won't.....

swansea_saint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fantastic! 2-1 to the Saints! Glyn's late appearance as our secret weapon produced dividends when he scored in the 97th (Mr Southall says, 83rd) minute with an overhead kick from the halfway line.
Good news is, no Mr Richards Ian assures me!
Glyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a pint of whatever Liam's on....

jellybelly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rushed back from swimming lessons gulped my tea down got the remote tuned in to BBC2w to watch the boys play and what did i get

a report on the de regularlised bus service in Manchester and South Yorks and the employment of Polish drivers.
I serached the tv guide looking for the match thinking that i had the wrong station

Then i thought let me look at wednesday guide

i hope no one turned up at Spytty Park

By the way it was an interesting programme
Glyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the game had to be scheduled for Wednesday so it didn't clash with Holby City....

I hope that one of you kind souls watching on telly will post the occasional update on the forum for the benefit of our overseas readers....?

Question
david kn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I will be in position with lap top to the ready to discuss the action with the other TV watchers.
petestenny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me.

Yeah right!!!
Glyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the quickest-ever post-match debate!
david kn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAc Route finder 1hr 58 mins Newport to BH.

I bet Glyn makes it long before 23.28 assuming 9.30 leaving time.
Glyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct!

Just a quickie, I need sleep!

Home via Severn Bridge and M5 for a change, I just love the fact you don't have to pay to get out of Wales! 102 miles in 90 minutes, not bad!

Ged Duane Jacko Tosh Pip Scott Leah and Beck each 9

Woody JT and Wildey 8

Difficult to choose a MoM, they all done great, I'll go for John Leah yet again as he was simply magnificent, Duane and Ged ran him very close.

Some very friendly NC fans, contrary to expectations! - and one miserable old prat after the final whistle, saying they were an absolute disgrace and why do we stay in the WPL - I'd already explained before Andrew arrived to confirm what I'd said, presumably he didn't believe me!

Ref surprisingly not too bad, should have had a pen for the challenge on Wildey, dunno about handball claim at the other end, too far away at a ground where it's very difficult to get near to the action!

Beano absolutely u/s as usual

Post-match highlights

a) Steward having to be persuaded to let a scruffy individual in jeans and cotton shirt (on a night when the rest of us were freezing) onto the pitch. That would be Mike Harris.

b) Ken looking very perplexed as he made his way to the tunnel at the sight of Beadle having a verbal joust with another disgruntled fan. It would have become physical if B hadn't been restrained!

Oh, and well done to Newport, they staged the match very well, with grand entrance, beautifully-sung National Anthem and fireworks at the end. While we still don't like the way the venue was decided (and Newport don't like the FAW either!), they did very well.
Glyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the "neutral" views:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/6467353.stm

http://www.welshpremier.com/news/WelshPrem32599.ink

http://www.faw-premiercup.com/page5.php3

You'll have to excuse the usual spelling mistakes and garbage in the Welsh Prem Official site ("...Saints clawed their way back into the game..") Exclamation , the references to "Steve Beck" and the tremondous win...

But all in all everyone appears to agree we were worthy winners - oh, and the Welsh Prem want to take some of the credit too!!

... and this completely unbiased view

http://www.saints-alive.co.uk/tpl/matchdetails.php?id=1131

is the best report of all

Can't find a fans' forum on the NCFC site

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/

but it does reveal that they were in preparing at 9am yesterday!
swansea_saint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a night!
I'd personally like to that the club for their hospitality. Very professionally run and made the final a true showpiece. Well done for the Newport fans to turn out in such numbers, even if a lot of them were total morons that kept telling me TNS are, well, rubbish to put it politely. Their best reaction to "what's the score" was, "your still crap".
Still, only got punched by two of them and one lad at the end was aggressively pointing at me and shouting "you jack bastard", who told him?
Great to see Beano on the line. Shook his hand in the tunnel before hand, and out of politeness shook the ref's hand too and before I knew what was going on Ceri Richards grabbed my hand and shook it too! Not trying to cast libelous rumours but I think I've figured out why he's a "top ref" as his handshake had something of the freemasons about it
Got told off by a steward in the second half when I went to have a word with the lino about not giving us a corner when it appeared the keeper tipped it over (but the replay shows the lino was spot on, dammit!). Heard a lot of booing and shouting from the Chav Stand but couldn't see anything going on on the pitch before I realised they were shouting at me! Was reprimanded for "aggrivating Newport County fans". Still, spoke to the steward afterwards and he was a good bloke.
There was a very nice young lady working for county behind the scenes. If any ncfc fans know who she is please feel free to direct her to www.myspace.com/spotty_dog47

She says I give better hugs than Spytty who is a class act. Really nice lad. Hope we get the chance to get them up here some time!
Glyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, 54 friends Spot?!

Good luck to you mate, you were a credit to the club last night, and to be fair so was Spytty and the lad at Stebo on Saturday did a good job too.

I used to have my reservations about grown men in animal suits but you're winning me over!

Glyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still time for others who were there or televiewers to add player ratings/MoM nominations, some of you will definitely have had a better view of the action than me!
petestenny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written a TV view of the game but having a late work night emailed it from my work PC where I wrote it. The email didn't make the 4 miles home.

I'll post it tomorrow lunchtime.

Yeah right!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SAINTS-ALIVE! Forum Index -> CLUB NEWS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: