SAINTS-ALIVE! Forum Index SAINTS-ALIVE!
The Total Network Solutions F C Forum

SAINTS-ALIVE! HOME PAGE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNS or Saints ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belfast Blue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: TNS or Saints ?? Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how TNS Wales, ended up with such a crap name? even if the club is sponsored by Total Network Solutions, which I assume they are, was it part of the deal to take the TNS name aswell? My own club Linfield is sponsored by Umbro.com but thankfully they haven't become something like 'Umbro.com Belfast'. Where does the name 'Saints' then originate, is everyone just a little confused? And then I read on this forum that the club (whatever they're called) are going to amalgamate with another Welsh side and move to another ground. It's like something from the 'X Files'. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llansantffraid FC became Total Network Solutions in 1997 as part of a sponsorship deal. The price of the deal was a change of name.
Llansantffraid means Saint Fred - hence the Saints.
The village of Llansantffraid (population 1,000) is only just in Wales, seven miles from the Shropshire border town of Oswestry. When Welsh Premier club Oswestry Town got into financial difficulties last year they opted to merge with TNS.
The merged club hopes to move to a new Uefa compliant stadium in Oswestry sometime in the future, but will play under the Total Network Solutions (TNS) name. Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SAINTS-ALIVE! Forum Index -> CLUB NEWS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: