Prediction League Carmarthen v TNS 15.1.08 (FAWPC)

Post any news here about the club

Moderator: admin

Re: Prediction League Carmarthen v TNS 8.1.08 (FAWPC)

by Robert on Mon Jan 07, 2021 9:50 pm

robert carmarthen 0-2 tns
carole carmarthen 1-3 tns
A member of the West Midlands, TNS Fan Club
Robert

by Simon on Mon Jan 07, 2021 10:30 pm

I'm assuming that If it's a draw, it's extra-time and penalties?...and a very late night!

Black Country Saints

Simon

by Glyn on Tue Jan 08, 2021 10:47 am

You're assuming right - as I said earlier on in this thread, if we're level approaching 90 mins I won't mind at all if we lose!!

Not best-pleased to see that what appeared to be innocuous injuries causing Beck and Wood to limp out of the Welshpoo game on New Year's Day are still keeping them out... Nayls to retain his place?

Meanwhile I'm pleased to see Welshpoo v Cardiff has been postponed until next Tuesday, I was looking for a game that night!
Proud to be the joint home kit sponsor of Tommy Holmes and Gary Brabin
(should it be half-price as he only ever plays 45 minutes?)

Glyn

by Simon on Tue Jan 08, 2021 1:53 pm

GAME OFF

Waterlogged pitch
Black Country Saints

Simon

by ashling on Tue Jan 08, 2021 2:05 pm

next time it should b a home game we neva get rained off coz tns have a gr8 pitch 4 ne weather!!! take note other rubbish clubs!!!xx

ashling

by Nige on Tue Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Are these predictions going to carry forward to the re-arranged fixture
Joint - "Still - Very Clean" Home Kit Sponsor for Rob Williams, season 2007-08!

Nige

by Glyn on Tue Jan 08, 2021 2:39 pm

Nige, I'll leave the thread open on the assumption that the game might be re-arranged short-term eg next Tuesday (thus aborting my trip to Welshpoo!), but once we know the new date I will extend the deadline for predictions/amendment thereof...

Disappointing that it is that the game is off tonight, at least I found out before setting off so it's saved me a 340-mile round trip and a very late night (thanks Statto for the tip-off, must admit it never even entered my head that it might be off so thanks also to Ash for raising the question and putting me in "is it on?" mode!)

Nige tells me the team set off at 12.30 but for the fans at least it isn't another abortive trip like Llanelli

I'll see if there's another game to keep me entertained tonight, Stourbridge v Wolves in Bham Senior Cup but that doesn't excite me over-much!

Glyn

by Simon on Tue Jan 08, 2021 2:51 pm

[quote="Glyn"]I'll see if there's another game to keep me entertained tonight, Stourbridge v Wolves in Bham Senior Cup but that doesn't excite me over-much![quote]

Go on Glyn. Wolves have been playing really strong reserve teams just lately (and still losing!) Stourbridge will win tonight! Wolves will probably play Ikeme, Gobern, Mulgrew, Jarvis? and probaly one of Eastwood/Elliott/Keogh/Bothroyd judging by their reserve games of late
Black Country Saints

Simon

by Glyn on Tue Jan 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Really disappointed for your Dad having taken time off work to go to Richmond Park...

I'll make my decision once I've got my brain in order and had a coffee or several!!

As you may have noticed it's persisting down here as well now so even Stour might be in doubt...?

Calling games off late is still prevalent in other parts....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 174110.stm

Glyn

by Simon on Tue Jan 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Glyn wrote:Really disappointed for your Dad having taken time off work to go to Richmond Park...

I'l make my decision once I've got my brain in order and had a coffee or several!!

He's gone back to work now!
Black Country Saints

Simon

by Glyn on Tue Jan 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Simon wrote:
Glyn wrote:Really disappointed for your Dad having taken time off work to go to Richmond Park...

I'l make my decision once I've got my brain in order and had a coffee or several!!

Dear me, that really is desperate - though I'll be back at my desk fairly soon....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Might have gone to Mansfield but I've been there before so although the ground has changed beyond recognition it wouldn't count as a new ground for me - Oxford v Weymouth is a possibility though, went to the Manor Ground loads of times but haven't seen the Kassam - I've just noticed that if we HAD got as far as or near Carmarthen we could have gone to Swansea instead (if that survives the deluge?)

Glyn

by ashling on Tue Jan 08, 2021 3:14 pm

Glyn wrote:
Simon wrote:

Dear me, that really is desperate - though I'll be back at my desk fairly soon....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Might have gone to Mansfield but I've been there before so although the ground has changed beyond recognition it wouldn't count as a new ground for me - Oxford v Weymouth is a possibility though, went to the Manor Ground loads of times but haven't seen the Kassam - I've just noticed that if we HAD got as far as or near Carmarthen we could have gone to Swansea instead (if that survives the deluge?)

i thought u were a milkman?? or have i been lied 2 coz im usually the 1 who falls 4 stuff like that?? n milkmen dont have desks they have floats??
xx

ashling

by ashling on Tue Jan 08, 2021 3:22 pm

just asked si + he said glyn is a milkman n he had a new green uniform b4 xmas + i asked if it was an elf outfit but si said no but did think glyn would look good in an elf outfit 4 next xmas!! lol xx

ashling

by Simon on Tue Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm

ashling wrote:just asked si + he said glyn is a milkman n he had a new green uniform b4 xmas + i asked if it was an elf outfit but si said no but did think glyn would look good in an elf outfit 4 next xmas!! lol xx

Black Country Saints

Simon

by Glyn on Tue Jan 08, 2021 5:03 pm

I'm the Managing, Financial* and Sales Director of Glyn Berrington Ltd which means I do have rather a lot of work to do in my office (which doubles up as my lounge! )....

oh and yes, I do get up between 2 and 3am to deliver milk and stuff....

so not being home at 11.45pm+ tonight does have some minor benefits....

* my VAT Return for the quarter to December was submitted last Thursday night, there are at least two other company directors/self-employed people who post on here, bet theirs aren't in yet!!

Glyn

PreviousNext

Return to CLUB NEWS