Post any news here about the club

Moderator: admin

Re: Caersws v TNS previews and reviews

by Glyn on Sat Nov 29, 2020 12:45 am

Glyn wrote:Thread up!

.... and again....
Fr Dougal McGuire:

"I'm no good at judging the size of crowds, but I'd say there's about 17 million of them out there..."

Glyn

by Glyn on Sat Nov 29, 2020 7:42 am

.... and again..... no frog or fost here this morning, hope to hear that the game is defo on before I set off at 11.30am....

Fr Dougal McGuire:

"I'm no good at judging the size of crowds, but I'd say there's about 17 million of them out there..."

Glyn

by jellybelly on Sat Nov 29, 2020 8:10 am

Glyn wrote:.... and again..... no frog or fost here this morning, hope to hear that the game is defo on before I set off at 11.30am....

we got pleanty of frogs in our pond
Life is too short to learn Welsh

jellybelly

by Glyn on Sat Nov 29, 2020 9:41 am

jellybelly wrote:
Glyn wrote:.... and again..... no frog or fost here this morning, hope to hear that the game is defo on before I set off at 11.30am....

we got pleanty of frogs in our pond

Some of us mis-spoll on porpoise....
Fr Dougal McGuire:

Glyn

by james on Sat Nov 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Great game. But its sad to say a 6-2 scoreline is disappointing when we were all thinking of a record score at half time and a vastly improved goal difference. Then to come home and then find Rhyl have actually improved on us. Suppose we did improve by one on Llanelli.

Talking of ten digits, I've just checked my toes are still there. Under the trees must be one of the coldest places in the WP.
james

by Glyn on Sat Nov 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Glyn wrote:Right then, assuming Baz, Tosh, Leah all unfit, and we can't recall Rob from loan, here's the team, bring your boots:

H

Duane Pip Tayls Craig Wms (Duane is a better right-back than Pip)

Woody Scottie (could play left-back but we desperately need him in midfield to win the ball) Alfie

Darlo behind the front two

JT Wildey

Subs Macca Snakey Ryan (if he's available after ban, otherwise either Lee Williams to make the numbers up or Cameron Dalton?)

I wouldn't argue if they put Macca in for Darlo; don't see any other options....

(I wasn't far off, Alfie not fully fit so Macca in for him, no problem, and Ryan unavailable and Cameron came in, ditto)

My thoughts entirely James, we shouldn't really be disappointed with a 4-goal margin away from home....

as Andrew says in his match report, at HT we were thinking about beating our record (8-0) score, but in fact the most important thing in the 2nd half was to stay injury-free with our squad still stretched ahead of next week's bigger challenge, and hopefully card-free, I think Duane's was the only one and with Adie in charge that's a result

Fine team performance on a very difficult pitch

H 7 couple of good saves, no chance with either goal (but oh how we all, and Haz in particular, wish he'd kept a clean sheet - next week will do)

Duane
Tayls
Pip 7 apiece - defence very solid until that last couple of minutes

Woody 8 the captaincy must have inspired him to one of his best performances on grass for a good while - super goal

Scottie 8 back to his best

Alex 8 another improved performance and a well-taken goal

Macca 8 and another fine performance, he's finally getting accustomed to this level and showing us what he can do

Craig 8 Ronseal and the standard left-winger's super-goal at Sws

Toner 7 did well and yet another well-taken goal

Wildey 8 also back to his best worked tirelessly

Sub Cameron 7 did fine, good to know we can call on him when the squad is at its limit

I can't pick a MoM so I'll give it to Calo for fine coaching and good humour....

Ref Darren Adie

a) One bit of good reffing when he played an advantage after Wildey was tackled late, and then came back to book the offender when the ball went dead

b) Ridiculous award of a goal-kick when their keeper made a fine flying save to tip over Scottie's 25-yarder within 2 minutes

c) What on earth makes these people think it's within their remit to tell players "don't foul.... stand up... good head...." etc etc, that's the coach's job - I appreciate that man-management is part of a ref's job but this is taking it too far

Presumably having had him twice in a row, we've had our ration now this season?
Fr Dougal McGuire:

Glyn

by jellybelly on Sat Nov 29, 2020 10:02 pm

One of my favourite grounds and trip outs and not disappointed pleased to meet some old faces and new ones, and I caught sir Stirling "petestenny" Moss up on the shrewbury bypass, tea in a mug a new edition to Jarmans fan club Even Rhys ate half of mine before asking whats for pudding. weather a bit cold and foggy and made home fairly well

Cant go far wrong in agreeing with Andrew MOM Toy storys finest WOODY 9 cracking goal

H 7 i told him go left but failed to took my advice should have held onto the shot he palmed behind for a corner

Pip 8 not a foot wrong but is he being fed by mar lady to many second helpings or was it this mysterious second thermal layer??
Tayls 6 looked a bit tired but marshalled the troops well

Duane 5 sorry lost marks for the pen i feel he thinks his pace can cover some gaps NOOOOOOOOOOO! as letting the Sws player get the wrong side of him for the pen

Scott r 8 what can i say about mr consistency
Alex 7 a player in the making and I feel with Calo teaching he could go onto greater things Even with Leeds but nots let get to carried away some good touchies and passes but needs to be fed like a butchers dog
John 8 again solid dependable reliable but the pitch didnt help being like the pitches you remember in the 70`s

Craig 7 not bad for the first time i saw him

JT he needs a G&T 8 worked hard well taken goal and followed up a Darlo shot and got a corner

Wild thing 8 intelligent player nice touches and good positioning

cameron 6 encouaging we have palyers that can play solidily when needed

my Frirst experience of the good Doctor gives the players some PMA like the cut of his jib and all the others there offering moral support

Ref not bad seen worse mind you the fog stopped him seeing a cracking shot,save and corner felt his coaching was good so maybe he is off to Welshpoo

and Stattos review was spot on ! mind you i never got a half time sausage roll of mug o t
Life is too short to learn Welsh

jellybelly

by petestenny on Sun Nov 30, 2020 11:39 am

Bit churlish to feel that the gloss had been taken off a good performance with conceding late goals again (3 in the last 2 League games may suggest concentration problems?).

Excellent value lunch at the Unicorn Hotel next to the ground - all day breakfast and chips for £5!

The pitch reminded more of the surface that I played my rugby on - uneven and longish grass. I do like going to Caersws, easy run there and time the return to hear all of the cr*p being spoken on Radio 5!

I thought we played some excellent football at times, scored some good goals and seemed to have got away without any more injuries.

H 8 Little to do

Duane 5 Needless challange to give lino chance to signal for penalty, the Caersws player was going nowhere

Pip 8 Solid

Tayls 6 Odd mistake but better performance than recently

Scotty 8 Played the way we know he can, usually does and we often take for granted

JMcK 8 Had an excellent game, cool under pressure (though Caersws didn't put him under much) and likes play

Alex 8 One of his best performances on a pitch you'd think wouldn't suit him

Craig Williams 8 Excellent crosser, reminded me of the best of Luke from last season minus the attitude

JT 8 Vintage JT

Wildey 8 Could have had another goal early on when he shot wide when one-on-one with keeper, works tirelessly for the team and has some great touches

Woody 9 His best performance for ages on 'real' grass, make him skipper whenever Captain Leah isn't in the side, played some excellent football and with a calmness that is very unWoody-like. MoM

Cameron 6 Impressed on first viewing, didn't look out of place

Ref (loose description) his propensity for standing with arms akimbo put me in mind of the flying snowman in Walking In The Air film called The Snowman or when doing the Dambusters flight.

All in all a good day out, not as cold as forecast, a good result, no apparent new injuries and keeps us in contention for the title
Last edited by petestenny on Mon Dec 01, 2020 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a trilogy in my life, an equilateral triangle, shall we say, of Gitanes, alcoholism and girls." [Serge Gainsbourg)

petestenny

by Keith Peacock on Sun Nov 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Superb first half (or should that be first 25 minutes!!). Think we all expected what came in the 2nd though? Have to say that head & shoulders above a good team performance was John McKenna! Excellent game, nice touches and took his goal well! Very impressed with Cameron, big, strong, confident on the ball and not afraid to bark at a few of the experienced players to let them know when summit went wrong! Rhyl, of course, are superior opposotion so it makes for an excellent game!
wigansaint
Keith Peacock

by Glyn on Sun Nov 30, 2020 9:36 pm

After Macca was rated MoM on Tuesday (by both of us Stu!),I'm absolutely delighted that he performed so well again in front of a bigger TNS audience yesterday, well done young man

I've been hunting for a reaction on the Caersws site.... no, let me rephrase that, I've been hunting for the Caersws site....

Fr Dougal McGuire:

Glyn

PreviousNext

Return to CLUB NEWS