Last visit was: Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 am
Logout

The new Park Hall Stadium thread

Post any news here about the club

Moderator: admin

The new Park Hall Stadium thread

by Glyn » Wed Nov 04, 2021 2:49 pm

.... in other words, I ain't got time to find the old one....

http://www.saints-alive.co.uk/index.php ... g-decision

Watch this space.....
One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle....

Glyn

Re: The new Park Hall Stadium thread

by Glyn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:13 pm

D'you get the impression that the FAW couldn't really give a toss about the WPL?

First they try to remove the WPL rep from the FAW Council

http://www.welsh-premier.com/index.php/ ... ted-action

.... and then, having imposed stringent new criteria for grounds to enable clubs to qualify for the "Super 12", they decide they haven't got enough money to help with funding ground improvements....

http://www.welsh-premier.com/index.php/ ... ing-delay-

(this news comes from their Ivory Tower in Cardiff, of course....)

Glyn

by Glyn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:12 pm

My previous two posts suddenly seem extremely pertinent!

http://www.saints-alive.co.uk/index.php ... id-refusal

Glyn

by Glyn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:51 pm

http://www.welsh-premier.com/index.php/ ... ound-share

I couldn't possibly add any comments on here (though some of you have had an email from me!!)

Glyn

by young ben » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Bet Airbus would be delighted!

young ben

by james morgan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:05 pm

Makes you wonder is it worth our while playing in the League of Wales. The Saints would hold their own in the Unibond/ Conference North easy.
Sad to think that football would leave Oswestry after the Town losing its football team. Also the people of Llansantfraid having seen the club leave Treflan, May go to Chester. Come on Welsh FA. Get your act together.
james morgan

by weston end » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Glyn I'm behind the times not taking the local shrops star paper...when a bloke told me the news I thought it was a wind up and told him it's not April 1st...Two things strike me, the relative small ammount of grant they thought they would receive towards the cost quoted for the job and then being told the club would go ahead, no problem then, so whats changed in so short a time....then the application to the Welsh F.A. to play at Chester,surely being given permission to play at Oswestry was a one off, due to the historic fact that Oswestry F.C.were founding members of the Welsh F.A. and this in my opinion should only apply to the ground being in the Oswestry Borough area.....I await the outcome with interest.
weston end

by Sleepless in Solihull » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:01 pm

From http://www.football-rumours.com

11 Feb 2021 00:15:07
Here's some news for Chester fans, wondering what the heck is going on at the Deva.

I have it on good authority that the new Chairman of the club will be TNS owner Mike Harries.

Mike's plan is to take over Chester City and merge TNS with them, creating a new team to be called Chester United. The away kit for next season will be the same as the current TNS home shirt.

TNS will quit the Welsh Premier League, and a new club – Oswestry Town – will take their place in the league and play at their Park Hall Stadium. This will be a 'full circle' as Oswestry Town used to play there before their merger with TNS.

Mike has wanted TNS to move to the English league for ages, and the current saga at Chester is a way in for him. Mike will buy the club for £1, pay the debts off and that will be the end of Chester City FC.

Nothing like a good rumour
Join the British Sarcastic Club..........................................like we need your support !
Sleepless in Solihull

by admin » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:07 am

The Deva Stadium is in Wales and I understand that Chester City pays business rates to Flintshire County Council.

As to the rumour, I can't see the economic sense of ground-sharing at Chester to avoid a £250,000 investment in infrastructure at Park Hall and take over debts of £350,000 instead!
And for "Oswestry Town" to play at Park Hall, the stadium would still need bringing-up to Welsh Premier licence criteria as well.

admin
Site Admin

by bystander » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 pm

Presume the attraction at Chester is the potential for buying the club's debts for very little (which are not far off the equivalent cost of upgrading Park Hall for the WP), getting a half-decent ground thrown in, without having to start at the bottom of the English league, and potentially getting crowds of maybe 2 or 3000 if Chester were to climb back up the English pyramid. They were getting 1000+ even at the start of this season. Can't see TNS ever getting those numbers in Oswestry. The plastic pitch would still be there for renting and training, or even for using to play English league games when the weather was bad - if that were allowed. Not sure how you would transfer the current TNS players over to become the new Chester team though, although I think they would easily hold their own in that standard.
bystander

Next

Return to CLUB NEWS