Last visit was: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:18 am
Logout

Fans' forum on Wednesday night

Post any news here about the club

Moderator: admin

Fans' forum on Wednesday night

by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm

THE New Saints will hold a fans' forum on Wednesday night (March 24) at The Venue at Park Hall.
Managing director Mike Harris will be on hand to answer questions from supporters and the footballing public of Oswestry about the club's plans for the future and how the club can engage with supporters going forward.
The event kicks-off at 7 o'clock in the bar with Carling and Worthingtons on special offer at just £2 a pint.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Fans' forum on Wednesday night

by Glyn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:04 pm

http://www.saints-alive.co.uk/index.php ... sday-night

I would urge all Saints fans to attend, even though the short notice is a tad disappoining.

Plenty of on-field and off-field matter to be addressed, I would have thought.

Sadly non-football matters are taking up my time at present, failing which, even as only an occasional supporter this season, I'd have loved to be there.

(But I will be putting in a rare appearance next Sunday, if things work out!)
One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle....

Glyn

by bystander » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:28 pm

Obviously none of my business really, but wouldn't it make sense to give people who aren't able to attend the option of forwarding questions via the website to be answered on the night - particularly as it is short notice? Or even go the the whole hog and make it interactive via the website?
Wouldn't it also be a good idea to have the managers there also?
bystander

by Sleepless in Solihull » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 pm

After last seasons 'totally unacceptable' position, and with Rhyl and Llanelli losing their players/managers I put £100 on TNS to win the league with Corbetts at 7/2 in August.

My question to Mike is:-

Should I now put another £100 on TNS reaching the Champions League Group Stages in 2012 or was he being a tad optimistic.

Suicidal in Solihull
Join the British Sarcastic Club..........................................like we need your support !
Sleepless in Solihull

by breezefamily2004 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:25 am

In answer to bystander's post just wanted to say if anyone would like to ask a question but is not able to attend please feel free to post it on here and i will try my best to see that it is answered and i will post any replies on here on Thursday. (Chris)
FOUR CROSSES TNS FAN CLUB (FCTNSFC)-WOOOOOO 7 MEMBERS

THE BREEZES, PENN EXILE AND MR AND MRS PEACOCK
breezefamily2004

by Glyn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:55 am

Sleepless in Solihull wrote:After last seasons 'totally unacceptable' position, and with Rhyl and Llanelli losing their players/managers I put £100 on TNS to win the league with Corbetts at 7/2 in August.

My question to Mike is:-

Should I now put another £100 on TNS reaching the Champions League Group Stages in 2012 or was he being a tad optimistic.

Suicidal in Solihull

Mind you SiS, based on last season when I backed Rhyl with Corbetts, and had to beg and scrape for about a month to get my winnings long after they'd won the league, you wouldn't have got your £350 until about 2014 anyway....

breezefamily2004 wrote:In answer to bystander's post just wanted to say if anyone would like to ask a question but is not able to attend please feel free to post it on here and i will try my best to see that it is answered and i will post any replies on here on Thursday. (Chris)

Thanks Chris, that's very kind of you

I'll limit mine to two, one off-field and one on-field:

a)We've heard rumours (some of them substantiated) of groundshares with other existing WPL clubs and Chester. What is the current position as regards playing at Park Hall, the development of it and timescale (and funding if that can be made public)

b) Does the manager know his best team? Why have we failed to beat teams at the bottom end of the table with such regularity this season, whilst Llanelli despatch them comfortably?

(OK that's two questions under 'b', but hopefully no-one will notice!! )

Glyn

by admin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:13 am

If you post your questions here I will ensure they are raised on Wednesday night.

admin
Site Admin

by admin » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:56 am

Please note the fans' forum will now start at 7.45pm, not seven o'clock as previously advised.

admin
Site Admin

by admin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:03 am

Not a lot to report from a meeting that only lasted half an hour before the questions ran out!
Mike Harris explained that the club will apply for a grant towards the cost of the new stand on the far side of the ground again next season, in the hope of completing it mid-season.
Also that the applications to ground-share at Chester and other grounds were "fall-back positions" to ensure the club could remain in the Welsh Premier if, for some reason, Park Hall didn't get a licence.
The question of the club's name was discussed but generally agreed that changing it to contain the word "Oswestry" would have little effect on attendances.
Overall, the feeling was that we need to try and generate a more "clubby" atmosphere in the community and that a club shop would be advantageous.
Discussions about team selection etc were not on the allowed agenda in the absence of the management!
If there was anything else, no doubt someone will post it!

admin
Site Admin

by Glyn » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:53 am

admin wrote:Not a lot to report from a meeting that only lasted half an hour before the questions ran out!
Mike Harris explained that the club will apply for a grant towards the cost of the new stand on the far side of the ground again next season, in the hope of completing it mid-season.
Also that the applications to ground-share at Chester and other grounds were "fall-back positions" to ensure the club could remain in the Welsh Premier if, for some reason, Park Hall didn't get a licence.
The question of the club's name was discussed but generally agreed that changing it to contain the word "Oswestry" would have little effect on attendances.
Overall, the feeling was that we need to try and generate a more "clubby" atmosphere in the community and that a club shop would be advantageous.
Discussions about team selection etc were not on the allowed agenda in the absence of the management!
If there was anything else, no doubt someone will post it!

What was the "crowd" Andrew?

A meeting arranged at 48 hours notice, then put back 45 minutes, only me asking any questions on here, only 30 minutes in duration all suggests to me that apathy reigns supreme??

BTW, a club shop has been on the agenda for at least two years. We're not exactly rushing into it, are we....?

Glyn

Next

Return to CLUB NEWS