Last visit was: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:41 am
Logout

Champions League Draw

Post any news here about the club

Moderator: admin

Champions League Draw

by Glyn » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:06 pm

http://www.welsh-premier.com/index.php/ ... eague-draw

Gotta love those UEFA logos (see welsh-premier.com home page), I bet they only cost about £250k to design....)
The money was just resting in my account

Glyn
 
Posts: 7547
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2020 11:25 pm
Location: Brierley Hill West Midlands

Re: Champions League Draw

by Glyn » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:30 am

Bohemians, away leg first.

Dates to follow asap, no doubt!



Full draw here

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 98786.html

Predictably, not a word on the talkSPORT 11.30 sports news bulletin, or on the BBC Football website




Bohs website here - and intriguingly, they say the fixtures might be reversed

http://www.bohemians.ie/news/4-club-new ... paign.html

.. and NB Bohs are playing Wolves between the two legs, and then winding down against the Villa

http://www.bohemians.ie/ticketinformati ... -sale.html

(And of course it costs more to watch the Villa than it does to watch the Wolves..... )


TNS reaction here:

http://www.saints-alive.co.uk/index.php ... the-saints
The money was just resting in my account

Glyn
 
Posts: 7547
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2020 11:25 pm
Location: Brierley Hill West Midlands

Re: Champions League Draw

by che bohs » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Hows it going lads, looks like we both got a handy draw in terms of travelling etc. Dont know too much about TNS but was just wondering how many supporters you rekon will travel to Dublin? We should bring over 700-800, will your ground be able to cater for us or will it be moved?

Cheers
che bohs
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Re: Champions League Draw

by admin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:11 pm

che bohs wrote:Hows it going lads, looks like we both got a handy draw in terms of travelling etc. Dont know too much about TNS but was just wondering how many supporters you rekon will travel to Dublin? We should bring over 700-800, will your ground be able to cater for us or will it be moved?

Cheers

Should be a great tie, I was at Rhyl when the Bohs were there a few years ago and they brought great support, as did Longford when they played Carmarthen at Newtown.
Doubt if the venue will be switched, we can accommodate 1,000.

admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Location: In an even posher part of Wrexham than craigyboy

Re: Champions League Draw

by che bohs » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:14 pm

admin wrote:
che bohs wrote:Hows it going lads, looks like we both got a handy draw in terms of travelling etc. Dont know too much about TNS but was just wondering how many supporters you rekon will travel to Dublin? We should bring over 700-800, will your ground be able to cater for us or will it be moved?

Cheers

Should be a great tie, I was at Rhyl when the Bohs were there a few years ago and they brought great support, as did Longford when they played Carmarthen at Newtown.
Doubt if the venue will be switched, we can accommodate 1,000.


Rhyl was a great tie alright (as was the result ) So what do you think your home crowd will be for the game, we surely wont have anywhere close to 700/800 tickets that we could sell?
che bohs
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Re: Champions League Draw

by admin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm

The club reps are meeting to discuss the arrangements for the home and away legs this afternoon, so we should have more info then.
You will probably need to think of hiring coaches to get from Liverpool to Oswestry, the public transport is dire!
But we've got Guinness on draft in the club http://www.gotothevenue.com/!

admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Location: In an even posher part of Wrexham than craigyboy

Re: Champions League Draw

by che bohs » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:25 pm

admin wrote:The club reps are meeting to discuss the arrangements for the home and away legs this afternoon, so we should have more info then.
You will probably need to think of hiring coaches to get from Liverpool to Oswestry, the public transport is dire!
But we've got Guinness on draft in the club http://www.gotothevenue.com/!


Its looking like a fleet of coaches from Holyhead to Oswestry alrite! The Guinness sounds great although I think bars must remain shut for champions league games, we've had to do this in the past! Our ground is Dalymount Park and is a mile from the city centre so its easily accessed and theres 6-7 pubs within 5 minutes of the ground. We have a capacity of approx 12,000 so should be no problems with away tickets
che bohs
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Re: Champions League Draw

by young ben » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Delighted with the draw, hoping I can get the time off work for the away leg, wouldn't want to miss out on that!
Its a shame our ground is so limited, we could of been looking at a 2000+ crowd, will be better interest in the game than the Fram game last summer (crowd approx 900 including about 10 away!). I'd be happy moving the game to Shrewsbury!

young ben
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2020 11:08 am
Location: Hereford

Re: Champions League Draw

by Glyn » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:54 pm

The money was just resting in my account

Glyn
 
Posts: 7547
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2020 11:25 pm
Location: Brierley Hill West Midlands

Re: Champions League Draw

by weston end » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:16 pm

I also saw them at Rhyl in the INTERTOTO, yes Rhyl had some problems re their squad, but the Irishmen looked a good side and I presume they have a better side now, a hard game I think, Rhyl lost 5-1 and 2-4, still not far for travel....Jonah played against them for Rhyl and as for the Boh's their nickname is the Gypsies,so they should be ok at Park Hall....their home prog v Rhyl made me smile, tongue in cheek they likened Rhyl to Royston Vasey...taken off some web page. If they do bring 700 plus fans to Park Hall and we have it here, I think we might need some more temporary seating...it would be a shame to take the game elsewhere.
weston end
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon May 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Next

Return to CLUB NEWS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spartanblue, Van the Man and 0 guests

Main Menu

User Menu


Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 51 on Tue Sep 01, 2021 9:32 pm

Users browsing this forum: spartanblue, Van the Man and 0 guests

Login Form