Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Mar 5th 2005 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 261
The New Saints
4 - 1
Afan Lido
Match report WELSH CUP / Quarter-final

Mike Wilde and Marc Lloyd-Williams celebrate after combining for the second goal
Click for more photos
TNS into semis as Lido self-destruct

AFAN Lido eventually self-destructed in a bad-tempered affair which ended with TNS duly booking their place in the Welsh Cup’s last four for the second year running.
But after giving a good account of themselves for the first hour, the south Walians will rue the second-half indiscipline which saw them finish the game with nine men.
The visitors had dominated the early exchanges, with Liam McCreesh just denied at the far post and they almost took the lead when Sacha Walters lobbed Gerard Doherty from 30 yards, only for the ball to bounce in front of goal and onto the crossbar.
The TNS breakthrough came 10 minutes before the break when Barry Hogan put in Marc Lloyd-Williams. Brian Thomas got down to save but the ball ballooned to the far post for Mike Wilde to head into an empty net.
Eight minutes later Saints went further ahead thanks to the same combination, Wilde squaring past a beaten Thomas to give Lloyd-Williams the easiest finish.
After a period of second-half stalemate, Lido got back into the game when McCreesh crossed for Chris Piper to sweep the ball into the net from eight yards.
But any chance of a fightback soon disappeared in red mist, after Martin Naylor was controversially booked for diving after being brought down.
In the ensuing melee, Carl Evans lashed out and received his marching orders, followed immediately by keeper Thomas for foul and abusive language.
John Leah then hit a post and the crossbar with successive efforts, while stand-in stopper Phil Holmes made a brave save from Lloyd-Williams.
But the inevitable goal arrived when Wilde hit a post and the ball flew to Jamie Wood who netted from a narrow angle.
After Holmes had again done well to deny substitute Toner, the frontman beat Greg Hurley along the byline and crossed for Wilde to complete the scoring with a near post finish in the last minute.
Referee: Brian Lawlor

Michael Wilde (34)
Marc Lloyd Williams (42)
Jamie Wood (80)
Michael Wilde (90)
Chris Piper (63)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Tommy Holmes
Steve Lalley
Scott Ruscoe
Barry Hogan
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Lawless
Jamie Wood
Brian Thomas
Paul Evans
Leigh Shrimpton
Carl Evans
Phil Holmes
Paul Reid
Liam McCreesh
Chris Pridham
Chris Piper
Sacha Walters
Greg Hurley
Lee Williams
John Leah
John Toner
James Taylor
Matthew Lavis
Craig Martin
John Leah -> Chris King (46)
John Toner -> Jamie Wood (82)
James Taylor -> Chris Piper (87)
Craig Martin -> Liam McCreesh (88)
Matthew Lavis -> Paul Reid (90)
Barry Hogan (17)
Martyn Naylor (63)
Jamie Wood (73)
Chris Piper (33)
Liam McCreesh (38)
Leigh Shrimpton (56)
Paul Reid (74)
James Taylor (88)
None Carl Evans (66)
Brian Thomas (67)
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.