Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Mar 15th 2005 at 19:30 Treflan Attendance 222
The New Saints
2 - 1
Porthmadog FC
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Relief and joy for John Leah as he races to congratulate Marc Lloyd-Williams for scoring the winner.
Click for more photos
Heart-stopping TNS snatch the points

SAINTS opened up a six point gap on Rhyl at the top of the Welsh Premier, but not before giving their supporters a heart-stopping evening.
There were nearly five minutes of stoppage time on referee Southall's watch when Nicky Ward fired against the post and Marc Lloyd-Williams pounced to net the winner.
Ward's appearance as a 73rd minute substitute tipped the scales in the Saints' favour after they had fallen behind to a Gareth Parry header 10 minutes after the break.
The Port midfielder stole in the near post to head past Gerard Doherty from a corner and leave TNS looking down the barrel of a second consecutive defeat.
Stung into action, Chris King headed over before Carl Owen almost grabbed a second for the visitors when he fired across the face of goal.
But TNS were struggling until the tireless Scott Ruscoe got to the byline and crossed for Lloyd-Williams to head in at the back post.
Ward then rattled a shot against McGuigan's post after John Leah and Jiws had worked the opening before the keeper pulled off a brilliant one-handed save to keep out Ruscoe's 20-yarder.
The first-half produced few chances, Chris Taylor heading over when well placed after six minutes, Lloyd-Williams going close at the near post and Naylor firing wide from the edge of the box.
Port offered no attacking threat with an aimless 25-yarder from Mark Williams their only contribution.
But they defended doggedly at the back with John G Jones outstanding and there was joy and relief from the Saints' players after the winner.
There was still enough added time left for Jiws to see a hat-trick effort saved one-on-one by McGuigan as the referee blew the final whistle.
Referee: P R Southall

Marc Lloyd Williams (80)
Marc Lloyd Williams (90)
Gareth Parry (55)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Steve Evans
Tommy Holmes
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
John Leah
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Toner
Gerard McGuigan
John G Jones
Mike Foster
Ryan Davies
Lee Webber
Owain Roberts
Gareth Parry
Gareth Caughter
Mark Williams
Carl Owen
Richard Owen
Matt Kirkham
Colin Bell
Nicky Ward
Matt Baker
John Lawless
Steve Jones
Tony Williams
Steve Roberts
John P Jones
Barry Evans
John Lawless -> John Toner (61)
Nicky Ward -> Chris King (73)
Colin Bell -> Chris Taylor (78)
Tony Williams -> Owain Roberts (79)
Steve Roberts -> Mark Williams (81)
Barry Evans -> Gareth Caughter (87)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.