Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Apr 3rd 2005 at 14:00 Racecourse Ground, Wrexham Attendance 777
The New Saints
3 - 1
Rhyl FC
Match report WELSH CUP / Semi-final

Mike Wilde fires past Paul Smith for Saints' second goal
Click for more photos
TNS lay Rhyl bogy to reach final

TNS erased the heartache of last year's Cup Final defeat and kept their double dream alive with a convincing victory over arch-rivals Rhyl to set up a meeting with Carmarthen Town.
The Saints overcame a hesitant start as they exploited the wide open spaces of the Racecourse Ground to outplay their opponents.
After a bright start by the reigning Cup holders in which Adamson headed over the bar and Gareth Wilson shot wide, Lee Hunt came closest to opening Rhyl's account when he headed narrowly wide at the back post.
Gerard Doherty then tipped over another Adamson effort before Saints broke upfield and hit Rhyl with a double whammy inside a minute.
Scott Ruscoe threaded a superb through ball to Jamie Wood who eluded defenders before firing alow shot inside keeper Paul Smith's near post.
Almost from the restart, Michael Wilde caught Jamie Brewerton in possession wide out on the left and cut inside to dance round the keeper and add another.
Rhyl now had little to offer as John Toner twice headed over and Smith was forced to palm a Martin Naylor 30-yard effort over the bar on the stroke of half-time.
All Rhyl's efforts foundered on the TNS back line, but a double substitution gave Rhyl a glimmer of hope when, with nine minutes left, Mark Powell rose at the far post to head home Marc Limbert's cross.
But just three minutes later Wilde sent a perfect pass to Ruscoe in space and the midfielder restored the advantage when he took the ball round Smith and fired into an empty net.
A delighted Ken McKenna said, "We took our chances well and the two quick goals came just at the right time.
"I was very pleased with our composure, especially after conceding that late goal which gave them a lifeline."
Referee: N L Morgan (Gorseinon)

Jamie Wood (19)
Michael Wilde (20)
Scott Ruscoe (84)
Mark Powell (81)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Steve Evans
Chris Taylor
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
John Leah
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Toner
Jamie Wood
Paul Smith
Lee Atherton
Jamie Brewerton
Mark Powell
Timmy Edwards
Stuart Graves
Gareth Wilson
Marc Limbert
Lee Hunt
Andy Moran
Chris Adamson
Chris King
Colin Bell
John Lawless
Chris McGinn
Gary Powell
Greg Stones
John Lawless -> John Toner (61)
Chris King -> Marc Lloyd Williams (88)
Greg Stones -> Timmy Edwards (76)
Chris McGinn -> Chris Adamson (76)
Gary Powell -> Lee Atherton (88)
Martyn Naylor (46)
Chris Taylor (57)
Gareth Wilson (39)
Lee Atherton (59)
Marc Limbert (88)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.