Saints-Alive! Unofficial The New Saints Football Club website
Change:  Move to:
Jan 22nd 2006 at 14:30 Farrar Road Attendance: 427
Bangor City
2 - 3
The New Saints
Referee: Neil Morgan WELSH PREMIER-

Carl Lamb (63)
Paul Roberts (88)
Jamie Wood (3)
Steven Beck (5)
Marc Lloyd Williams (35)
Opening XIs
Andrew Price
Kyle Jones
Martin Beattie
Kieran Killackey
Clayton Blackmore
Chris Priest
Kenny Burgess
Layton Maxwell
Pauk Roberts
Carl Lamb
Mike Walsh
Gerard Doherty
Phil Baker
Steve Evans
Michael Jackson
Barry Hogan
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
Marc Lloyd Williams
John Toner
Jamie Wood
Tom Harrison
Mike Burke
Ben Ogilvy
Darren Gowans
Matt Kirkham
Mark Davies
Rob Williams
John Leah
Michael Wilde
Tom Harrison -> Kenny Burgess (30)
Mike Burke -> Carl Lamb (77)
John Leah -> Phil Baker (30)
Michael Wilde -> Marc Lloyd Williams (70)
Rob Williams -> John Toner (88)
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report | Fan comments | Preview

Jamie Wood bursts between Bangor's Mike Walsh and Kyle Jones.
Pictures from the match
TNS fail to build on bright start

WHAT started as nightmare for new Bangor City boss Clayton Blackmore almost ended in tears for TNS.
The Saints surged into a two-goal lead within the first five minutes, added a third before the break, yet failed to kill off their opponents who staged a late rally.
In a lightning start, a superb crossfield ball from Steve Evans found Nicky Ward wide on the left and he shrugged off the attentions of Kenny Burgess for Jamie Wood to apply the final finish.
Two minutes later, Wood's shot was cleared by Blackmore but only as far as Steven Beck, who fired his eighth league goal of the campaign past Andy Price.
Bangor almost pulled a goal back four minutes later when Gerard Doherty came out of his goal to clear and Ward lost the ball to Paul Roberts whose shot was heading for the top corner before the keeper scrambled back to palm it away.
TNS failed to maintain their momentum but when they got back to their passing game it paid immediate dividends as Ward squared for Marc Lloyd Williams to beat Martin Beattie to the ball for the third.
Steve Evans and Wood had efforts saved on the resumption, Beck hit the crossbar, Wood fired over and Price pulled out a good save to deny Beck.
But it was City who got a foothold when sloppy defending allowed Roberts to cross for an unmarked Carl Lamb to head past Doherty.
With eight minutes left, Doherty saved superbly from a Killackey screamer, but Bangor were not finished and when Doherty saved with his legs from Roberts, the striker scored at the second attempt.
With the clock ticking down, Price saved from Scott Ruscoe and sub Mike Wilde, and Bangor almost snatched an unlikely and undeserved equaliser when Mike Walsh dragged his shot wide from six yards out.
An unofficial website for The New Saints FC | © Saints-Alive! | 2003-8