Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Oct 1st 2005 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 313
The New Saints
4 - 1
Welshpool Town
Match report WELSH CUP / 2nd Round

John Toner beats keeper Jones but his shot was cleared off the line.
Click for more photos
Saints just too good for Pool

THE Welsh Cup’s clash of the day failed to live up to its pre-match billing as Welshpool went out with something of a whimper after failing to really trouble TNS.
After Marc Lloyd Williams had curled a dangerous first-time volley just wide of the far post, fellow frontman John Toner opened the scoring in the 10th minute.
Brett Jefferies sliced his attempted clearance from Mike Wilde's header to Toner who easily beat visiting keeper Danny Jones to fire into the net.
With Scott Ruscoe, Barry Hogan and Steven Beck winning the midfield battle, Welshpool fell further behind just after the half-hour. Dave Cunnah - who was lucky not to be dismissed - handled Ruscoe’s 25-yarder and Lloyd Williams made no mistake from the spot.
Seven minutes before the break both sides came close to scoring within a minute. Calvin Davies saw his effort deflect off TNS defender Steve Evans to hit the angle of post and crossbar and, from the breakaway, Toner found himself one-on-one with Jones.
He rounded the keeper with ease, but his weakly hit shot was cleared off the line at the near post by Mark Thomas.
The miss did not prove costly as TNS quickly added another after the break when Wilde cleverly beat Brett Jefferies from a long throw-in to fire into the net.
But Pool pulled a goal back within five minutes with Jefferies atoning for his defensive lapse by hooking in from a flicked-on corner.
The visitors had their best spell of the game with Gerard Doherty going down well to his right to save a Steve Rogers free-kick, but TNS restored their three-goal cushion to end the game as a contest when Lloyd Williams was on hand to convert a Jamie Wood cross from Martyn Naylor's crossfield ball.
Barry Hogan almost added a fifth when he brought a good save from Jones while Lloyd Williams missed out on his hat-trick when he failed to connect with a Steve Evans header.
Referee: Simon Jones (Swansea)

John Toner (10)
Marc Lloyd Williams (pen) (32)
Michael Wilde (49)
Marc Lloyd Williams (72)
Brett Jefferies (51)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Steve Evans
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
Barry Hogan
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Toner
Danny Jones
Mark Thomas
Gethin Lloyd
Geraint Windsor
Brett Jefferies
Ross Jefferies
Kenny Burgess
Dave Cunnah
Steve Rogers
Calvin Davies
Justin Wickham
Lee Williams
Phil Baker
Jamie Wood
Mark Roberts
Tom Harrison
Ceri James
Jamie Wood -> Michael Wilde (64)
Phil Baker -> Chris King (76)
Tom Harrison -> Justin Wickham (57)
Mark Roberts -> Dave Cunnah (63)
Ceri James -> Ross Jefferies (63)
Chris King (43)
Dave Cunnah (32)
Ross Jefferies (42)
Ceri James (79)
Kenny Burgess (83)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.