Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Aug 26th 2006 at 12:30 Treflan Attendance 291
The New Saints
5 - 2
Bangor City
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Alfie Carter speeds past Bangor defenders.
Click for more photos
Wilde has the last word in Bangor rout

AFTER six minutes of this entertaining encounter it seemed as though Marc Lloyd Williams would return to haunt Ken McKenna, the man who released him after two successful seasons at Treflan.
An under-hit back pass from Michael Jackson was intercepted by the striker, who sent his drive from a narrow angle past Gerard Doherty and in off the far post.
But the Saints were soon on level terms - Michael Wilde was denied a minute later by City keeper Ian Havard, but when Barry Hogan’s shot was blocked by the keeper, Wilde followed up to level on 13 minutes.
From then on it was one-way traffic to the Citizens’ goal, with Toner firing over and Carter’s shot straight at the keeper.
Wilde was again foiled by Havard but, from a Mark Davies short corner Hogan chipped with the outside of his foot for Wilde to beat the off-side trap at the far post, chest down and score.
Three minutes later, Hogan fed Carter who crossed for Scott Ruscoe to crash his shot into the net via the angle of bar and post.
City had threatened briefly and Paul Roberts should have done better when heading miles wide of the target from Ashley Stott’s cross.
But the second-half continued in the same vein with John Leah providing the cross from which Wilde again saw his effort saved. Toner shot straight at Havard when one-on-one and was then just wide of the target after a slip by Adam Docker.
Havard produced a magnificent save to keep out a fierce drive from sub Steven Beck before Ricky Evans got himself sent-off for a second wild challenge.
The 10-men were now under severe pressure and it was no surprise when the Saints increased their lead. Carter was again involved, feeding Leah for Toner to shoot to the far post where Wilde converted for his hat-trick.
Carter deservedly got on the score sheet when heading in from Ruscoe’s cross, but Lloyd Williams had the last word, embarrassing Jackson again before sending his shot over Doherty into the far corner.
Referee: Wayne Tregonning

Michael Wilde (13)
Michael Wilde (29)
Scott Ruscoe (32)
Michael Wilde (79)
Alfie Carter (85)
Marc Lloyd Williams (6)
Marc Lloyd Williams (88)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Greg Stones
Michael Jackson
Mark Davies
Scott Ruscoe
Barry Hogan
John Leah
Michael Wilde
John Toner
Alfie Carter
Ian Havard
Clayton Blackmore
Martin Beattie
Adam Docker
Paul O'Neill
Ashley Stott
Paul Roberts
Marc Lloyd Williams
Ricky Evans
Sion Edwards
Michael Walsh
Rob Williams
Richard Harris
Steven Beck
Lee Hodgkinson
Peter Jones
Steven Beck -> Mark Davies (43)
Richard Harris -> Barry Hogan (61)
Lee Hodgkinson -> Sion Edwards (75)
Martyn Naylor (19)
Ricky Evans (45)
Sion Edwards (67)
None Ricky Evans (71)
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.