Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Match report and stats
Change:  Move to:
Nov 4th 2000 at 14:30 Richmond Park Attendance 424
Carmarthen Town
4 - 3
Total Network Solutions
Match report WELSH PREMIER
In a thrilling encounter at Richmond Park. Carmarthen finally overcame a resilient TNS side to clinch the points to keep them in second place.
The excellent crowd of 424 was treated to a feast of goals, none better than Craig Evans' diving header in the 80th. minute to win the game for Town.
Following an evenly balanced initial period it was Town that was presented with the first good chance when Richard Parker finding himself clear in the box shot straight at the TNS keeper Paul Smith.
At the other end when the Carmarthen defence lost possession John Toner nearly capitalised on the situation but his header narrowly went past the post with keeper Fitzgerald well beaten.
The visitors broke the deadlock on 27 minutes. Following Carmarthen pressure on the TNS goal an appeal for hand ball was rejected by referee Neil Morgan and TNS cleared up-field. Tim Alexander picked up the lose ball unleashed a cracking shot from 30 yards to find the top corner of the net giving Fitzgerald no chance on 27'.
Town responded superbly and within the minute had redressed the balance. Dean Rositer broke up field beating the TNS defence and found Parker on the edge of the penalty area. Parker atoned for his earlier misses by forcing the ball home to equalise.
Town kept up the pressure and on the half-hour referee Neil Morgan adjudged a TNS defender to have handled in the area. Ryan Nicholls converted from the spot to make it 2-1 at the break.
Both sides were playing 'top draw' football. The first half was clearly the best period of football seen at Richmond this season. Lee Coathup and Alexander were both having excellent games for the champions and Shaun Chapple and Dean Rossiter were outstanding for Town.
The second half continued at the same pace. Within two minutes of the restart Gary Powell outwitted the Carmarthen defence to drive home from close range to equalise for the visitors.
Parker once again put Town ahead with an excellently taken volley from a Dean Rossiter cross. The excitement continued with the Champions pressing hard and taking the game to Town. They were rewarded on 61' when substitute Maurice Doyle fired home from 15 yards, beyond Fitzgerald's reach.
Following the goal Deryn Brace was brought on to replace Wayne Jones at left back. He immediately linked well with Nicholls and Evans down the left side to cause TNS problems and keeper Smith was forced to produce two superb saves from Rossiter and Craig Evans.
Play was end to end with both sides looking for the three points. The winner and highlight of the game came with Chapple and Brace combined to take a short free kick out on the left touchline. Brace's precise cross was superbly headed home on the dive by Craig Evans from 12 yards to give Town the lead once again.
TNS continued to press for the equaliser. Town kept their heads and retained possession well though Fitzgerald was forced to tip a difficult ball over the bar from Alexander in the dying moments of the game.
Referee: N L Morgan

Parker (28, 51)
Nicholls (30)
C.Evans (80)
Tim Alexander (27)
Gary Powell (47)
Maurice Doyle (61)
Starting line-ups
C Evans
Paul Smith
Dewi Parry
Lee Coathup
Colin Webster
Tim Edwards
Tommy Holmes
Tim Alexander
Mark Roberts
Nick Welton
Gary Powell
John Toner
Maurice Doyle
Mike Maloney
Gareth Wilson
Brace -> Jones (61)
McPhee -> Parker (86)
Maurice Doyle -> Mark Roberts (12)
Gareth Wilson -> Colin Webster (82)
Mike Maloney -> Tommy Holmes (84)
Chapple (25) Tim Alexander (29)
Lee Coathup (35)
Maurice Doyle (78)
Tim Edwards (81)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.