Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Mar 31st 2007 at 17:15 Belle Vue Attendance 876
Rhyl FC
0 - 0
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Duane Courtney and Scott Ruscoe battle with Rhyl's Gareth Wilson.
Click for more photos
Hulse concedes after bore draw

RHYL manager John Hulse says the title race is over after watching his side held to goal-less draw by a lack-lustre Saints at Belle Vue.
"Much as it hurts me to say it, I think that's it," he said. "It's theirs to throw away."
But TNS boss Ken McKenna was far from happy: "It was a horrible pitch, a horrible game and I'm glad to come away with a draw," he said.
"It's not over by a long way, especially if we keep playing like that. We lacked composure in the last quarter, had four good chances and snatched at them all.
"We needed a cool head in front of goal and didn't have one."
Sub Carl Lamb had been the main culprit in missing chances, miskicking from point-blank range when Rhyl keeper John Gann could only parry a Scott Ruscoe cross from the byeline.
The striker also headed agonisingly wide moments later after Greg Stones had flicked-on a Ruscoe cross.
But a goal would have been more than TNS deserved after a dire opening spell in which they sat back and allowed the Lillies to dominate and were fortunate to escape with a clean sheet.
A deep cross from Chris Roberts was hooked back across goal by Jamie Brewerton and George Horan's header was cleared off the line by Phil Baker. The ball then fell to Conall Murtagh, whose right-footer was blocked on the line by Michael Jackson.
The main threat came from set pieces, with Rhyl otherwise restricted to long range efforts, and it was 36 minutes before TNS threatened despite dominating first-half possession 60-40.
Keeper John Gann dropped a Stones cross under pressure from Michael Wilde and Jamie Wood's effort was blocked by Brewerton. A long throw from Duane Courtney also caused confusion in the home rearguard, but Wood was just wide with his attempt.
Five minutes into the second-half, keeper Ged Doherty raised alarms when his attempted clearance rebounded off Lee Hunt and luckily flew to safety before the Saints' best effort at breaking the deadlock. John Leah's 30-yard free-kick deflected off the Rhyl wall and crashed against the bar with Gann beaten.
Ruscoe's header provided an opening for Wilde, but he nodded wide and Rhyl almost responded when Andy Moran lashed a shot into the side netting after being put in by Lee Hunt.
Referee: Dean John

None None
Starting line-ups
John Gann
Mark Powell
Chris Roberts
Marc Connolly
George Horan
Jamie Brewerton
Gareth Wilson
Andy Moran
Lee Hunt
Conall Murtagh
Alex Hay
Gerard Doherty
Duane Courtney
Phil Baker
Greg Stones
Tommy Holmes
Michael Jackson
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
John Leah
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Paul Roberts
Ross Stephens
Dave Cameron
Chris King
Carl Lamb
John Toner
None Carl Lamb -> Steven Beck (62)
Chris King -> Tommy Holmes (79)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.