Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Sep 7th 2007 at 19:30 Farrar Road Attendance 475
Bangor City
1 - 2
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Michael Wilde out-jumps Bangor's Martin Beattie to head the winner.
Click for more photos
Wilde header wins it for TNS

AS USUAL, a trip to Farrar Road proved to be a difficult task, but The New Saints edged out Bangor City despite conceding an early goal.
The Citizens made the perfect start when a long throw from Peter Hoy on the right hand side found Les Davies inside the box and he held off a couple of defenders to thread the ball through for Marc Smyth to beat Gerard Doherty at the far post.
Michael Wilde had already been denied by former TNS stopper Paul Smith and the Saints continued to carve out the better openings, with the striker firing over from 20 yards after Alfie Carter's shot had been saved.
Smith fumbled a free-kick from Luke Holden and Wilde's effort from 20 yards skimmed the crossbar.
Smith then saved a stinging effort from Luke Holden before TNS levelled on the half hour, Holden's early ball finding Carter who scored at the second attempt after Smith had blocked his first effort.
Ex-City player Phil Baker made a saving tackle to deny Ashley Stott as Bangor survived some heavy pressure following the retirement of Lee Webber with a foot injury four minutes before the break.
Smith dashed out of his area to head clear while Holden, Carter and Scott Ruscoe were all off-target.
The keeper again came to the rescue to stop Carter who was also prevented from adding another by Kieran Killackey.
Saints remained in control after the break but chances were scarce until Holden produced a pin-point cross from the left for Wilde to out-jump Martin Beattie and head past Smith at the back post.
Beattie was then dismissed for a second yellow after bringing down Jamie Wood and the numerical advantage began to tell on the Citizens.
But TNS were unable to add to their tally with Scott Ruscoe finding the side netting and Smith saving well from Wilde, who then missed a gilt-edged chance in front of goal from Ruscoe's cross.
Referee: Lee Evans

Marc Smyth (6) Alfie Carter (30)
Michael Wilde (68)
Starting line-ups
Paul Smith
Dave Swanick
Martin Beattie
Peter Hoy
Lee Webber
Chris Seargeant
Marc Limbert
Kieran Killackey
Les Davies
Ashley Stott
Marc Smyth
Gerard Doherty
Duane Courtney
Chris King
Phil Baker
Michael Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
Barry Hogan
Michael Wilde
Luke Holden
Jamie Wood
Alfie Carter
Tommy Mutton
Sion Edwards
Mike Walsh
Ben Ogilvey
Dave Roberts
Martyn Naylor
Tommy Holmes
Carl Lamb
Mike Walsh -> Lee Webber (41)
Sion Edwards - Marc Smyth (67)
Tommy Mutton -> Kieran Killackey (78)
Martyn Naylor -> Jamie Wood (79)
Carl Lamb -> Michael Wilde (90)
Tommy Holmes -> Luke Holden (90)
Martin Beattie (63)
Peter Hoy (75)
Alfie Carter (30)
Jamie Wood (39)
Michael Wilde (40)
Michael Taylor (57)
Luke Holden (90)
Martin Beattie (72) None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.