Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Nov 10th 2007 at 14:30 The Oval Attendance 275
Caernarfon Town
1 - 7
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Whelan misses the ball to allow Jamie Wood to equalise.
Click for more photos
Saints are in seventh heaven

THE New Saints responded to Ken McKenna's urgings to finish off their opponents by rediscovering their killer instinct and destroying Caernarfon Town on their own patch.
Yet the Canaries were somewhat unfortunate at the scale of the drubbing because they created enough chances to have made an impact themselves.
Saints gave the hosts their customary one goal start at The Oval allowing Mark Thomas to rise unmarked to head-in from a seventh minute James Thomas corner, but home joy was short-lived.
Keeper Vinnie Whelan's error gifted Jamie Wood an equaliser on the quarter hour, before Steven Beck took advantage of some sloppy defending to fire Saints ahead three minutes later.
In Caernarfon’s counter-attacks, John Rowley steered the ball on the wrong side of the near post, after rushing on to James Thomas’s low left-wing cross and then a John Rowley header was fended away by keeper Paul Harrison.
In the second half the floodgates opened with Luke Holden prodding the third goal from a few yards after Michael Wilde’s right-wing cross had sliced through Town’s bewildered defence.
Wood used his head at close range to convert a Holden cross on 63 minutes and Beck fired from the edge of the box on 68 minutes to convert another Holden creation.
Leah swept home a 73rd-minute penalty after Chris King had been fouled by the home team’s Eifion Jones, but the Canaries should have claimed another consolation goal when John Rowley was felled by substitute Robbie Williams, only for the striker's penalty to be well saved by Paul Harrison.
And the final tally became 7-1 thanks to Wilde, who enjoyed a free header a couple of minutes from the final whistle.
Caernarfon boss Steve O’Shaughnessy said: "TNS are a good side and we were punished heavily for some defensive mistakes.
"In the second period it became men against boys, as they tore into us and they are a talented side after all."
Saints had several candidates for man-of-the-match, with Beck and Wood always prominent and Holden enjoying his best game yet after a disappointing spell, while over-fussy referee Simon Jones somehow managed to book three TNS players in a game that was played in a good spirit throughout.
Referee: Simon Jones

Mark Thomas (7) Jamie Wood (15)
Steven Beck (18)
Luke Holden (53)
Jamie Wood (62)
Steven Beck (68)
John Leah (pen) (73)
Michael Wilde (87)
Starting line-ups
Vinnie Whelan
Mark Harris
Phil Doran
Eifion Jones
James Glendenning
Mark Thomas
Keiran Quinn
Bobby Jones
Paul Addo
John Rowley
James Thomas
Paul Harrison
Duane Courtney
Chris King
Phil Baker
Michael Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
John Leah
Michael Wilde
Luke Holden
Jamie Wood
Timmy Ojapah
Michael Jones
Kevin McGarry
Rob Williams
Barry Hogan
Carl Lamb
Kevin McGarry -> James Glendenning (27)
Timmy Ojapah -> Bobby Jones (68)
Michael Jones -> Paul Addo (81)
Barry Hogan -> Steven Beck (68)
Carl Lamb -> Jamie Wood (72)
Rob Williams -> Phil Baker (74)
Phil Doran (83) Jamie Wood (7)
Steven Beck (20)
Barry Hogan (83)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.