Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Feb 23rd 2008 at 14:30 Park Hall Attendance 241
The New Saints
7 - 1
Llangefni Town
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Kevin Townson battles with Cefni's Geraint Mitchell.
Click for more photos
Seven-up Saints signal title intentions

TNS showed they have no intention of throwing in the title towel after turning up the heat on the leaders with a seven-goal romp against lowly Llangefni.
Having lost two of their previous three league outings, the Saints steadied the ship in style at the end of a week that saw manager Ken McKenna announce he would be stepping down at the end of the season.
And the Saints boss, looking to sign off his 10-year reign at the club with a record-equalling fourth successive league crown, would have been happy with what he saw.
Newcomer Kevin Townson led the charge with four of the goals in this one-sided affair as the defending champions moved level with pace setters Llanelli, although the blitz was not quite enough to take them top on goal difference.
As for Llangefni, the Anglesey men now appear to be hurtling back to the Cymru Alliance after suffering their sixth straight defeat.
Townson was the chief beneficiary with his goal count at Park Hall, but the former Rochdale striker was provider early on, teeing up Paul Henry to make a 13th minute breakthrough from six yards.
Four minutes later, the high-flying hosts doubled the lead when Martyn Naylor’s right wing cross found Jamie Wood, who beat keeper Farai Jackson with a point blank header.
Llangefni were always at full stretch and, after several chances had gone begging, Townson opened his account on 40 minutes when Jackson could only parry Wood’s shot for a another close range goal.
A fourth goal arrived on the stroke of half-time when Scott Ruscoe’s long ranger appeared wide but was headed by Geraint Mitchell into his own net.
The visitors defended valiantly after the break but the Saints made it five on 68 minutes when Chris King’s shot was parried by Jackson for another simple scoring opportunity for Townson.
Carl Lamb nearly added the sixth with his first touch after coming off the bench, while keeper Jackson made a fine save to deny Steven Beck.
But Townson completed his hat-trick after good work from Tommy Holmes.
Then he added his fourth by running on to a through ball.
The Saints, however, would have been disappointed to concede a consolation goal in the last action of the game, from a Craig Hogg header.
Referee: Kerry Morgan

Paul Henry (13)
Jamie Wood (17)
Kevin Townson (40)
Geraint Mitchell (og) (45)
Kevin Townson (68)
Kevin Townson (82)
Kevin Townson (85)
Craig Hogg (90)
Starting line-ups
Paul Harrison
Kevin Townson
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Michael Taylor
Tommy Holmes
Paul Henry
Scott Ruscoe
John Leah
Luke Holden
Jamie Wood
Farai Jackson
Paul Roberts
John Boardman
Craig Hogg
Geraint Mitchell
Dylan Owen
Darren Thomas
Steven Kehoe
Kevin Lloyd
Jason Sadler
Graham Austin
Phil Baker
Steven Beck
Carl Lamb
Caerwyn Roberts
Ywain Gwynedd
Chris Jones
Lee Jones
Steven Beck -> Paul Henry (63)
Carl Lamb -> Luke Holden (70)
Phil Baker -> John Leah (80)
Chris Jones -> Darren Thomas (60)
Ywain Gwynedd -> Dylan Owen (72)
Caerwyn Roberts -> Graham Austin (80)
None Steven Kehoe (68)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.