Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Oct 6th 2007 at 14:30 Deeside Stadium Attendance
Connah's Quay Nomads
0 - 0
(3 - 2 PEN)
The New Saints
Match report WELSH CUP / 2nd Round

Scott Ruscoe's penalty is saved by Paul Pritchard to send Nomads through.
Click for more photos
More penalty woe for Saints

FOR the second season running, The New Saints crashed out of the Welsh Cup on penalties and few could deny that Connah’s Quay deserved to progress.
They matched the full-time Saints in every department and survived their second dose of extra-time time in a week.
But, after losing on spot kicks in the FAW Premier Cup against Carmarthen in midweek, they came out on top this time around thanks to three superb penalty saves from keeper Paul Pritchard.
He stopped spot kicks from Martyn Naylor, Carl Lamb and Scott Ruscoe, while Nomads succeeded through Allan Glover, Chris Herbert and Tom Baker to seal a 3-2 verdict after a scoreless first 120 minutes.
TNS could have wrapped things up in the first half of a generally unmemorable contest, but Michael Wilde hit the crossbar from Steven Beck’s through ball in the tenth minute and was then denied when one-on-one with Pritchard.
Nomads had started brightly with Stewart White mis-kicking when well-placed and Craig Jones just wide with another effort.
Pritchard saved well from Wilde and, from the resulting corner, also denied Steven Beck.
Several other chances came and went and the misses proved costly as, despite their midweek exertions, Nomads finished the stronger in the second half and almost broke the deadlock when Mark Cadwallader’s shot was tipped over the bar by Paul Harrison.
Jamie Wood was wide in the first minute of extra-time and Beck's shot was blocked, while John McAllister had a good chance to win the game but again Harrison was equal to the task, while TNS created little of note going forward in the extra 30 minutes.
John Leah was a stand-out man-of-the-match for Saints in an otherwise lacklustre performance in which the longer the game went on, the less it looked likely they would break down the stubborn hosts.
Referee: Neil Morgan

None None
Starting line-ups
Paul Pritchard
Wayne Morgan
Allan Glover
Ben Alston
Adam Hitchen
Craig Jones
Mark Cadwallader
Tom Baker
Stuart Cook
Stewart White
Jamie Petrie
Paul Harrison
Duane Courtney
Chris King
Phil Baker
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
John Leah
Michael Wilde
Luke Holden
Jamie Wood
John McAllister
Wes Kilgannon
Chris Herbert
Martyn Naylor
Barry Hogan
Carl Lamb
Chris Herbert -> Jamie Petrie (67)
Wes Kilgannon -> Stuart Cook (79)
Carl Lamb -> Luke Holden (76)
Martyn Naylor -> Chris King (108)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.