Saints-Alive! Unofficial The New Saints Football Club website
Change:  Move to:
Sep 27th 2008 at 14:30 Park Hall Attendance: 211
The New Saints
6 - 0
Porthmadog FC
Referee: Brian James WELSH PREMIER

Alfie Carter (39)
Craig Williams (48)
Jamie Wood (58)
Alex Darlington (61)
Michael Wilde (78)
John Toner (90)
Opening XIs
Paul Harrison
Duane Courtney
Phil Baker
Michael Taylor
Tommy Holmes
John Leah
Barry Hogan
Alex Darlington
Michael Wilde
Alfie Carter
Jamie Wood
Richard Harvey
Eifion Jones
Mike Foster
Rhys Roberts
Ryan Davies
Mark Thomas
Chris Jones
Marc Lloyd Williams
John Rowley
Richie Owen
Steven Kehoe
Scott Ruscoe
John Toner
Craig Williams
Carl Jones
Iwan Thomas
Iwan Williams
Daniel Rylance
Craig Williams -> Phil Baker (36)
Scott Ruscoe -> Alex Darlington (72)
John Toner -> Alfie Carter (72)
Carl Jones -> John Rowley (66)
Iwan Williams -> Carl Jones (72)
Iwan Thomas -> Richard Owen (77)
Yellow cards
Barry Hogan (87)
Mark Thomas (57)
Richard Owen (65)
Red cards
None. None
Match report | Fan comments

Debutant goal scorer Craig Williams celebrates with John Leah.
Pictures from the match
Williams sparks six-goal Saints

THE Saints have been crying out for some width down the left-hand side since the departures of Chris King and Luke Holden, and new arrival Craig Williams looks the answer to the prayer.
A long-time target for TNS, Williams only signed from Llanelli on Friday, but quickly made his mark after coming-off the bench to replace Phil Baker, who bruised his heel.
When Alfie Carter cut inside Ryan Davies, his pass found Williams, who netted from close range for a debut goal to put the Saints two-up.
And he went on to terrorise the Port defence with some incisive running and excellent deliveries into the box.
Earlier, the hosts had struggled to prise open a resolute visiting defence until a dreadful gaffe by former TNS marksman Marc Lloyd Williams.
After testing keeper Paul Harrison with a sharp shot, Jiws under-hit a back-pass which ound Carter free to advance on keeper Richard Harvey and score with aplomb.
The Williams goal sparked a goal rush, with Jamie Wood playing a one-two with Alex Darlington before displaying some tricky footwork to create an opening and crash his shot past Harvey.
Some neat footwork by Barry Hogan created the chance for Darlington to crash his volley into the net via the far post and Hogan was also involved in the final goal, setting-up Wood who crossed for sub John Toner to back-heel on the line.
In between, Michael wilde atoned for some earlier misses by finding the target from Wood's pass as Saints went top of the league on goal difference from Rhyl.
An unofficial website for The New Saints FC | © Saints-Alive! | 2003-8