Saints-Alive! Unofficial The New Saints Football Club website
Change:  Move to:
Nov 29th 2008 at 14:30 Recreation Ground Attendance: 181
Caersws FC
2 - 6
The New Saints
Referee: Darren Adie WELSH PREMIER-

Steve Hopkins, pen (87)
Jamie Haynes (88)
Michael Wilde (12)
Alex Darlington (18)
Jamie Wood (19)
John McKenna (23)
John Toner (34)
Craig Williams (46)
Opening XIs
Jonathan Rowley
Jonathan Jones
Steve Hopkins
Ross Jefferies
Steve Hughes
Graham Jones
Stewart White
Steve Futcher
Chris Melia
Mark Davies
Dave Hughes
Paul Harrison
Duane Courtney
Phil Baker
Michael Taylor
John McKenna
Scott Ruscoe
Alex Darlington
John Toner
Michael Wilde
Craig Williams
Jamie Wood
Rob Cookson
Jamie Haynes
Dan Dawson
Cameron Dalton
Craig Whitfield
Alfie Carter
Jamie Haynes -> Steve Futcher (52)
Rob Cookson -> Stewart White (72)
Dan Dawson -> Chris Melia (79)
Cameron Dalton -> Phil Baker (46)
Craig Whitfield -> Scott Ruscoe (63)
Yellow cards
Steve Hopkins (78) Duane Courtney (86)
Red cards
None None.
Match report | Fan comments

Michael Wilde celebrates the opening goal.
Pictures from the match
Six-hit Saints clip Bluebirds

THERE have been many stirring battles at the Recreation Ground in recent years, but this wasn't one of them.
The New Saints blew Caersws away, scoring four goals inside the first 23 minutes, running-out comfortable 6-2 winners to stay on the heels of the leaders.
And, after leaving their scoring boots on the coach in the midweek defeat at Neath, no less than six players got their names on the scoresheet, including John McKenna with his first league goal for the club.
The Saints took the lead on 12 minutes when McKenna's pass found Michael Wilde, who beat off a challenge from Steve Hopkins to net from 12 yards.
Alex Darlington got the second, netting a rebound when keeper John Rowley could only parry John Toner's effort.
Within a minute, Jamie Wood made it three with a classy finish from the edge of the box and McKenna's header from a Craig Williams free-kick on the right put TNS in total control.
Keeper Paul Harrison was rarely troubled, although he got down well to save from Hopkins, and the Saints increased their tally before half-time when Toner headed-in from eight yards after great work down the right by Wood.
With important business at home to Rhyl next week, the management could afford the luxury of bringing-on Cameron Dalton as a half-time sub, and within two minutes of the restart Williams made it six with a hooked shot from a narrow angle.
As TNS took their foot of the pedal, the Bluebirds got two late goals to give the scoreline a flattering look, but the Saints are in good heart for the visit of the league leaders.
An unofficial website for The New Saints FC | © Saints-Alive! | 2003-8