Change:  Move to:
03.01.2021 at 14:30 Park Hall Attendance: 373
The New Saints
4 - 1
Cefn Druids
Referee: Neil Morgan WELSH PREMIER

Rob Williams (19)
John Leah (65)
John Toner (67)
Michael Wilde (90)
Ricky Evans (83)
Starting line-ups
Paul Harrison
Duane Courtney
Tommy Holmes
Rob Williams
John McKenna
John Leah
Scott Ruscoe
Craig Whitfield
John Toner
Matthew Berkeley
Jamie Wood
Carl Edwards
Mark Powell
Chris Marriott
Andrew Edgar
Aled Rowlands
Lee T Jones
James Hussaney
Mark Stewart
Geraint Lewis
Ricky Evans
Joe Price
Michael Wilde
Alfie Carter
Craig Williams
Mike Heverin
Kevin Holsgrove
Waynne Phillips
Craig Williams -> Jamie Wood (32)
Michael Wilde -> Craig Whitfield (62)
Alfie Carter -> Matthew Berkeley (76)
Mike Heverin -> James Hussaney (57)
Kevin Holsgrove -> Mark Stewart (57)
Yellow cards
None None
Red cards
None None
Match report

Rob Williams rises above Ricky Evans to celebrate his return to TNS with the opening goal.
Pictures from the match
Happy New Year for the Saints

THE New Saints made it a Happy New Year as their artificial Park Hall pitch ensured their game was one of only two to survive all week in the Welsh Premier.
They took full advantage of their main rivals’ inactivity by recording a 4-1 win to go level with second-placed Llanelli and close the gap on leaders Rhyl to three points.
A double salvo from John Leah and John Toner midway through the second half ensured they ran out comfortable winners, after being made to battle all the way by NEWI Cefn Druids.
The Saints handed a debut to striker Matthew Berkeley, signed the previous day from Hyde United, and the St Kitts & Nevis Under-20 international was lively in early exchanges.
Toner just failed to connect with his telling left-wing cross and Craig Whitfield ought to have opened the home account minutes later from Jamie Wood’s through ball, firing just wide of the far post.
The breakthrough arrived on 19 minutes when centre-half Rob Williams celebrated his return from a loan spell at Caersws by rising above Ricky Evans at the far post to head past keeper Carl Edwards from Scott Ruscoe’s cross, following a short corner on the left.
Toner was just denied by Edwards, while Joe Price fired a rare Druids’ chance well over the target following a corner.
Berkeley just failed to mark his debut with a goal, hitting the far post with a shot that had Edwards beaten, and Leah’s chip also defeated the keeper but went just over the bar.
Whitfield was off-target again after good hold-up play by Berkeley, who was then denied in a one-on-one with Edwards.
Druids came close to equalising after the break with a shot that flew just wide and Paul Harrison in the home goal reacted well to tip a Geraint Lewis header over the bar on 57 minutes.
The match was virtually settled by the Saints’ double strike inside three minutes, Leah hammering a superb 25-yarder into the roof of the net after being set-up by Berkeley’s run and inside pass.
Toner then got clear of the visitors’ defence following a surging run and pass from Berkeley to round Edwards and coolly poke the ball over the line.
Evans gave the Ancients a brief toe-hold on 83 minutes, heading in at the near post against one of his former clubs from a cross delivered by on-loan Wrexham defender Chris Marriott, who is to remain with the Druids until the end of the season.
But Michael Wilde celebrated his return from a three-match ban by restoring the three-goal advantage in the dying moments after being set-up by Craig Williams.