Change:  Move to:
25.09.2021 at 19:30 Park Hall Attendance: 379
The New Saints
2 - 2
Newtown AFC
Referee: Lee Evans WELSH PREMIER

Ryan Marriott (7)
Scott Ruscoe (89)
Damien Daniels (9)
Robbie James (36)
Starting line-ups
Paul Harrison
Danny Holmes
Chris Marriott
Phil Baker
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Conall Murtagh
Aeron Edwards
Ryan Marriott
Steve Abbott
Jamie Wood
Dave Jones
Craig Williams
Damien Daniels
Dylan Blain
Robbie James
Andrew Thomas
Adam Worton
Jamie Breeze
Obi Anoruo
Nicky Ward
Ross Stephens
Barry Hogan
Matthew Berkeley
Craig Jones
Craig Hutchinson
Matthew Lewis
Gareth Jones
Tom Jones
David Maguire
Matthew Berkeley -> Jamie Wood (62)
Craig Jones -> Aeron Edwards (69)
Barry Hogan -> Tommy Holmes (73)
Craig Hutchinson -> Jamie Breeze (69)
Yellow cards
Ryan Marriott (24)
Danny Holmes (82)
Adam Worton (71)
Damien Daniels (76)
Red cards
None None
Match report

Aeron Edwards challenges with Newtown's Andrew Thomas.
Pictures from the match
Saints thank Ruscoe for late leveller

SCOTT Ruscoe rescued a point for the Saints with an 89th-minute free-kick as they were held to a 2-2 home draw by Newtown.
For the second time this season, the Robins proved difficult opponents - TNS needed a late goal to salvage a draw in the League Cup a few weeks ago.
But there was little hint of the drama to come when Aeron Edwards missed a great heading chance in the fourth minute from a Tommy Holmes cross before Ryan Marriott justified his inclusion in the starting line-up by scoring in the seventh-minute from Steve Abbott's through ball.
The visitors wasted little time in responding, Dylan Blain heading a Ross Stephens corner back across goal for Damien Daniels to head a quick equaliser.
Chris Marriott and Ruscoe fired shots straight at keeper Dave Jones, while Ruscoe skimmed the top of the bar with a snap shot from the edge of the box.
Ryan Marriott had another chance on the half-hour, but only had a yellow card to show for his efforts after being unable to capitalise on a one-on-one with the keeper.
Without the injured Steve Evans in the centre of defence, the Saints again showed vulnerability from a set-piece when Damien Daniels headed the Robins into the lead from Adam Worton's cross on 36 minutes.
The Saints had plenty of possession in the second-half, but were too often let down by some sloppy passing.
Keeper Jones made good saves to deny Jamie Wood and Matthew Berkeley, while Steve Abbott could have done better when presented with a gaping goalmouth after good work by Ryan Marriott.
But the visitors showed they could be dangerous on the break, with Paul Harrison called into action to save from Jamie Breeze and Obi Anuruo.
Sub Craig Jones headed inches wide from a Barry Hogan cross to underline the Saints' frustration but, with time rapidly running out, Andrew Thomas fouled Berkeley on the edge of the box and Ruscoe steered the free-kick wide of Jones's despairing grasp.