Change:  Move to:
18.12.2020 at 19:30 Bastion Road Attendance: 173
Prestatyn Town
0 - 1
The New Saints
Referee: Michael Jones WELSH PREMIER-

None Steve Evans (85)
Starting line-ups
Jon Dunt
Russ Jones
Jack Lewis
David Hayes
Paul O'Neill
Gareth Wilson
Mike Parker
Neil Gibson
Andy Moran
Ian Griffiths
Steve Rogers
Paul Harrison
Danny Holmes
Chris Marriott
Steve Evans
Tommy Holmes
Barry Hogan
Scott Ruscoe
Aeron Edwards
Alex Darlington
Craig Jones
Craig Williams
Adrian Moody
Steve Hoult
Steve Harris
Ethan Woodfine
Chris Davies
Christian Seargeant
Steve Abbott
Jamie Wood
Steve Hoult -> Mike Parker (72)
Steve Harris -> Steve Rogers (89)
Steve Abbott -> Craig Williams (60)
Jamie Wood -> Alex Darlington (89)
Yellow cards
Mike Parker (50)
Gareth Wilson )90)
Red cards
None None
Match report

Team mates rush to congratulate goal scorer Steve Evans.
Pictures from the match
Evans deservedly clinches the spoils

STEVE Evans fired a superb goal five minutes from time at Bastion Road to send The New Saints back to the top of the Welsh Premier.
The Welsh international defender was pushed upfront at the start of the second-half to bolster an attack that had struggled to break down a resolute Prestatyn Town defence.
And the move paid dividends when Evans struck a magnificent rising volley into the roof of the net from 15 yards to finally defeat goalkeeper Jon Dunt.
The only goal of the game was just reward for the Saints, who had dominated much of the possession and were denied a stonewall penalty when Russ Jones brought down Alex Darlington, who later rattled the crossbar with a 22-yard strike.
In the only noteworthy chances of the first period, Darlington's found the roof of the net, before a goal-bound effort from the same player was blocked and a Scott Ruscoe shot was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Dunt.
Paul Harrison made a smart save midway through the second-half to deny the hosts, but the Saints upped the pressure with the home defence surviving a few scary moments before Evans settled the contest.
And only another good save by Dunt prevented Aeron Edwards from adding a second goal late in the game.