Change:  Move to:
13.03.2021 at 14:30 The Gnoll Attendance: 182
Neath FC
0 - 1
The New Saints
Referee: Paul Thomas WELSH PREMIER-

None John McKenna (90)
Starting line-ups
Anthony Williams
Carlos Castan
Robert Folland
Ian Hillier
Liam Hancock
Ashley Evans
Dale Evans
Matthew Harris
Chris Llewellyn
Chris Jones
Kristian James
Paul Harrison
Danny Holmes
Phil Baker
Steve Evans
Tommy Holmes
Christian Seargeant
Barry Hogan
Scott Ruscoe
Alex Darlington
Matthew Berkeley
Craig Jones
Sean Cronin
Richard Ingram
Craig Steins
Liam Thomas
John McKenna
Steve Abbott
Craig Williams
Craig Steins -> Rob Folland (57)
Liam Thomas -> Matthew Harris (74)
Sean Cronin -> Chris Jones (90)
Craig Williams -> Christian Seargeant (69)
Steve Abbott -> Matthew Berkeley (78)
John McKenna -> Alex Darlington (90)
Yellow cards
Carlos Castan (36)
Ashley Evans (40)
Alex Darlington (60)
Matthew Berkeley (70)
Red cards
None None
Match report

Joy for John McKenna after his late, late winner [All photos by Mike Greenslade/].
Pictures from the match
McKenna's late goal keeps Saints in touch

JOHN McKenna came off the bench to snatch a sensational late winner for The New Saints at Neath's Gnoll Stadium and stay in touch with leaders Llanelli.
With the score deadlocked at 0-0 in the sixth minute of stoppage time, Tommy Holmes crossed the ball into the box from the left and McKenna controlled well before volleying a superb 15-yarder past keeper Anthony Williams.
It was no more than the Saints deserved after dictating the second-half and creating the better of the chances following a tepid first period for both sides in which Neath had the best of the exchanges.
Carlos Castan had come closest for the hosts, heading over from a corner on 28 minutes and sending another headed effort straight at keeper Paul Harrison just before the break.
Soon after half-time, Scott Ruscoe's free-kick on the left was flicked-on by Steve Evans to Alex Darlington, who headed wide of the far post from a good position.
A raking cross field ball from Ruscoe found Craig Jones - a constant threat to the Eagles' defence, who cut inside before firing over the bar, while the impressive Darlington shot straight at Williams from another chance.
Williams saved a Ruscoe shot low down with eight minutes remaining while Evans saw his header saved.
Ironically it was McKenna who came on in the 87th minute for Darlington and grabbed the winner, breaking Neath hearts to cue wild celebrations from the Saints' bench.