Change:  Move to:
09.03.2021 at 19:30 Richmond Park Attendance: 293
Carmarthen Town
1 - 2
The New Saints
Referee: Mark Whitby WELSH PREMIER-

Tim Hicks (54) Chris Sharp (48)
Chris Sharp (82)
Starting line-ups
Neil Thomas
Richard Hughes
Neil Smothers
Nicky Palmer
Dale Griffiths
Chris Thomas
Sacha Walters
Tim Hicks
Paul Fowler
Craig Hughes
Nathan Cotterrall
Paul Harrison
Danny Holmes
Chris Marriott
Phil Baker
Steve Evans
Barry Hogan
Scott Ruscoe
Aeron Edwards
Chris Sharp
Steve Abbott
Craig Jones
Danny Thomas
Mark Pritchard
Ben Morris
Ben Soal
John McKenna
Alex Darlington
Matthew Berkeley
Mark Pritchard -> Craig Hughes (70)
Danny Thomas -> Sacha Walters (77)
Alex Darlington -> Steve Abbott (61)
Matthew Berkeley -> Aeron Edwards (69)
John McKenna -> Chris Sharp (86)
Yellow cards
Kris Thomas (46)
Richard Hughes (52)
Neil Thomas (80)
Danny Holmes (90)
Red cards
Neil Smothers (90) None
Match report

Chris Sharp races away to celebrate his first Saints' goal.
Pictures from the match
Sharp at the double to sink Carmarthen

CHRIS Sharp broke his duck with a brace as The New Saints won a tricky encounter at Richmond Park in an entertaining contest.
The margin of victory would have been higher if the Saints had been able to convert several good chances and they almost shot themselves in the foot by gifting Carmarthen an equaliser.
Craig Jones should have given TNS an early lead when outpacing Nathan Cotterrall, but was denied by keeper Neil Thomas in a third minute one-on-one and Cotterrall was forced to make a crucial clearance from Phil Baker's shot on the quarter hour following a series of corners.
Steve Abbott fired wide from a good position, while an overhead kick from Aeron Edwards flew just wide of the far post.
Just before the half-hour, the Old Gold came more into the game and a clever side step from Tim Hicks played in Craig Hughes, who made a hash of his shot.
Scott Ruscoe's shot was blocked and Sharp's follow-up went wide and, as Town counter-attacked, Hicks scooped the ball onto the roof of the net.
The deadlock was broken three minutes after the break when Craig Jones fed Sharp whose 18-yarder curled into the net off the inside of the far post.
But, within minutes, Carmarthen when level when keeper Paul Harrison fumbled a clearance from opposite number Thomas at the feet of Hicks, who had the simple task of rolling the ball into an empty net.
Sharp rounded Thomas on the break but found himself with a narrow angle and his shot went across the face of goal to safety, but the hosts thought they had scored only for Danny Holmes to clear a Craig Hughes effort off the line following a Cotterrall corner.
Then, with eight minutes remaining, a free-kick fell to Sharp who fed the ball to sub Alex Darlington and netted the return pass from eight yards for the winner.
In a frantic finale minute, Holmes was booked for a tackle on Smothers, who was then red-carded for retaliating to the challenge, and manager Deryn Brace was sent to the stands by referee Mark Whitby for his over-enthusiastic protests.