Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Apycom Java Applets
Change:  Move to:
Mar 7th 2000 at 19:30 Stebonheath PArk Attendance 302
Llanelli AFC
0 - 2
Total Network Solutions
Match report WELSH PREMIER

A controversial refereeing decision after an hour of this top of the table clash, led to a complete reversal of fortunes.
The home side were reduced to 10 men when influential midfielder, Andrew Mumford, was dismissed for a second bookable offence.
Mumford had received a caution in the first half, but was then felled by a challenge on the edge of the box resulting in him needing treatment and having to retire to the touchline.
As he returned to the game, referee Mark Whitby indicated that he had not given permission and then produced a yellow card, resulting in Mumford being sent off.
The decision shocked and incensed the home supporters as the player seemed to be the innocent victim of a misunderstanding which could have been dealt with in a more commonsense way, but more worrying it led to Llanelli losing control of a match in which they were more than holding their own up to that point.
As if to prove the point, Saints scored within four minutes of Mumford's departure when a cross from Leon Gierke rebounded off home defender Richard Jenkins into the net.
Gary Davies failed to convert an early chance for Llanelli when he put the ball over the visitor's goal from a Chris Watkins corner, while at the other end, Glyn Garner made a good save to deny Gierke at the near post and Mark Parfitt with a saving tackle prevented Anthony Wright from getting in a shot on the home goal.
Mumford sent a lob narrowly wide of the TNS goal after a good build up and then met a centre by Watkins, but his header to the far post was narrowly missed by Davies.
As the home side lost their shape in the final half hour, Davies cleared off the line when Gierke sent in a shot on goal, while Garner with an outstretched leg kept out another attempt by the same player.
Five minutes from time, with Llanelli pushing forward for the equaliser, they were caught out when Wright found himself in space in the box before beating Garner with a low shot into the bottom corner. The win keeps TNS in second place in the table and hot on the heels of current leaders, Barry Town.
Referee: M S Whitby

None Richard Jenkins (og) (63)
Anthony Wright (84)
Starting line-ups
S Jones
L Jones
G Davies
J Davies
Lee Williams
Dewi Parry
Lee Coathup
Tim Edwards
Steve Evans
Tim Alexander
Chris Edge
Ricky Evans
Gary Evans
Anthony Wright
Leon Gierke
Colin Webster
Mike Maloney
Gary Powell
Fowler -> S Jones (65)
Anderson -> J Davies (73)
Dyer -> Watkins (82)
Gary Powell -> Leon Gierke (82)
Colin Webster -> Ricky Evans (89)
Mike Maloney -> Anthony Wright (89)
Mumford (28)
G.Davies (65)
Watkins (70)
Tim Alexander (51)
Steve Evans (59)
Mumford (60) None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.