Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Match report and stats
Change:  Move to:
Aug 31st 2003 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 441
Total Network Solutions
2 - 1
Bangor City
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Brabs is pretty pleased with Jamie Wood's penalty opener [Phil Blagg, County Times].
Click for more photos

SAINTS took all three points against League leaders Bangor City at Treflan, but not without a hard-fought struggle.
It took a double strike from Jamie Wood to decide the outcome, with Bangor starting and finishing the match in storming fashion.
Looking sluggish from their exertions in the Uefa Cup on Thursday, TNS were behind after only three minutes.
Kenny Burgess cut in from the right to drill an angled shot past Dean Williams, after good work by Lee Hunt.
After surviving a claim for handball in the area minutes later, Saints gradually came to terms with their opponents and Bangor's former player of the year, Simon Davies, gave his old side a reminder of his talents on 16 minutes with a low strike that was turned round the post by Phil Priestley.
The equaliser came on 35 minutes, when Chris Taylor was tugged by a Bangor player at a Davies' free kick.
Jamie Wood slotted home the spot kick and was on the score sheet again within a couple of minutes, when he headed home from close range from John Toner's excellent cross.
Wood almost claimed a hat-trick after the break, when he finished off a neat move with a good volley that was turned over the bar by Priestley.
Six minutes later it was Nicky Ward's turn to get in on the action, but his header from Scott Ruscoe's cross went narrowly over the bar.
Bangor had their share of goalmouth incidents but were unable to find their finishing touch. Substitute Gary Roberts miskicked from a good position while Jefferies and former TNS players, Paul Gedman and Ricky Evans, all had chances.
Ken McKenna acknowledged that Bangor were unlucky not to have earned a point.
"The game was a bit too open for my liking as Bangor created a number of good opportunities and I thought they deserved a draw," he said.
"But I'll take the three points because last season there were times when the luck went against us.
"Even at this early stage of the campaign, this was a very important win for us," said the boss.
Sunday football at Treflan brought an excellent attendance, the highest of the weekend in the Welsh Premier.
Referee: M S Whitby

Jamie Wood (pen) (36)
Jamie Wood (38)
Kenny Burgess (3)
Starting line-ups
Dean Williams
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
Simon Davies
Gary Brabin
John Leah
Nicky Ward
John Toner
Jamie Wood
Phil Priestley
Clayton Blackmore
Alan Goodall
Eifion Jones
Gareth Williams
Rae Ingram
Kenny Burgess
Owain Tudor Jones
Lee Hunt
Ricky Evans
Paul Gedman
Daniel Edwards
Steven Beck
David Bridgwater
Michael Wilde
Dan Hamer
Gary Roberts
Ross Jefferies
Huw Griffiths
Michael Wilde -> John Toner (68)
David Bridgwater -> Chris King (82)
Steven Beck -> Simon Davies (86)
Ross Jefferies -> Lee Hunt (65)
Gary Roberts -> Gareth Williams (72)
Huw Griffiths -> Rae Ingram (82)
Jimmy Aggrey (44)
John Leah (59)
Simon Davies (83)
Gareth Williams (35)
Owain Tudor Jones (58)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.