Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Sep 27th 2003 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 176
The New Saints
2 - 0
Haverfordwest County
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Jamie Wood is foiled by Haverfordwest 'keeper Lee Kendall [Photo: Craig Dunbar].
Click for more photos

TNS went back to the top of the League, but they had to work hard to overcome a dogged Haverfordwest County outfit.
The home side were forced to play the last hour of the game with 10 men, when Scott Ruscoe was dismissed for picking up two yellow cards in three minutes.
Yet Saints had got off to a dream start with a goal in the seventh minute.
Colin Loss handled from a Martyn Naylor free kick and Jamie Wood slotted home the spot kick.
Despite their early lead, Saints showed little fluency and chances were hard to come by.
A Naylor free kick on 23 minutes nearly put TNS further ahead, but Kendall saved at full stretch after the ball had eluded attackers and defenders.
Toner fired over on 35 minutes and was denied again by Kendall soon after.
It was 41 minutes before County forced their first corner, but Wayne Jones missed a golden heading opportunity from in front of goal.
Two minutes after the break, TNS almost notched a freak goal when Kendall's mis-kicked clearance on the edge of the box rebounded off Wood, but dribbled agonisingly wide of the post.
Wood and Toner worked tirelessly up front but were both replaced on the hour as they wilted in the warm conditions.
Former Saint Darren Ryan provided County's main threat, but he lacked support from his team-mates and there was little serious danger to the TNS goal.
Michael Wilde broke clear on 72 minutes and put the ball in the net, only for the 'goal' to be controversially ruled out for hand-ball.
The key monent of the match came with a quarter of an hour to go, when Saints' defence was finally breached.
Gary Brabin was forced to trip substitute Tim Hicks as he bore down on goal and was lucky to receive only a yellow card, as he appeared to be the last man.
Dean Williams had previously had a quiet afternoon, but produced a superb save to turn away Wayne Jones's well-aimed spot kick.
Wood and substitute Mike Wilde missed chances to kill of the game, but in the final minute of normal time, good work by Michael Wilde allowed Dave Bridgwater to feed Martyn Naylor, who lashed home a shot from just inside the box.
Saints were pleased to have laid the bogey of last season's crucial home defeat by West, which was the final nail in the coffin for the title challenge.
Manager Ken McKenna said: "We had to grind out this win.
"It was one of those days when the result was more important than the performance."
Referee: K J Parry

Jamie Wood (pen) (7)
Martyn Naylor (90)
Starting line-ups
Dean Williams
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
David Bridgwater
Gary Brabin
John Leah
John Toner
Jamie Wood
Lee Kendall
Deryn Brace
Wayne Jones
Haydn Ralph
Wyn Thomas
Gavin Rees
Lee John
Robert Jones
Rhys Griffiths
Colin Loss
Darren Ryan
Craig Blakemore
Neil Prescott
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
Michael Wilde
Tim Hicks
Lee Waters
Mike Ellis
Mike Lewis
Michael Wilde -> John Toner (63)
Nicky Ward -> Jamie Wood (71)
Tim Hicks -> Gavin Rees (63)
Scott Ruscoe (28)
Gary Brabin (74)
Scott Ruscoe (31)
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.