Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Sep 30th 2003 at 19:30 Victoria Road Attendance 280
Port Talbot Town
1 - 4
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

TNS maintained their superb start to the season and stayed top of the Welsh Premier with this 4-1 victory over Port Talbot.
This potential banana skin was Saints' seventh successive victory and extended their unbeaten away sequence to 24 matches.
Port Talbot started brightly and forced a couple of early corners which came to nothing.
But TNS gradually took control and it was no surprise when they gained the lead on 28 minutes.
Simon Davies fed Chris King on the left flank and his fine cross gave Jamie Wood the opportunity to net his fifth League goal of the season at the far post.
Wood nearly doubled the advantage but his superb shot was matched by an equally outstanding save by Talbot's veteran keeper Gary Wager.
Mike Wilde hit the bar from the rebound before Scott Ruscoe fired over.
But Wager was beaten again in first-half stoppage time.
In a rehearsed move which TNS have tried several times this season, Martyn Naylor took a corner from the right and pulled the ball to Gary Brabin standing outside the box.
Brabin's long-range shot bounced and deceived Wager who could only help it on its way into the net.
Talbot hit back on 57 minutes when Craig Hughes scored with a glancing header into the far corner of the net from Russ Wigley's free kick on the left.
But TNS rebuffed any thoughts of a Talbot comeback and restored their two-goal advantage within two minutes.
Chris King's cross from the left was headed across goal by Jamie Wood and Mike Wilde's shot found the target.
Substitute Steven Beck completed the victory when he headed in at the far post from yet another King cross.
Port Talbot posed no real attacking threat, although Craig Hughes had a shot saved at the near post by Dean Williams.
But with his side already three goals down, it would have made little difference to the outcome in a game where Saints played some excellent football and thoroughly deserved their win.
Referee: R J Ellingham

Craig Hughes (57) Jamie Wood (28)
Gary Brabin (45)
Michael Wilde (65)
Steven Beck (74)
Starting line-ups
Gary Wager
Richard Carter
Allan Clark
Liam Hancock
Craig Lima
Hayden Fleming
Dean Johnston
Nathan Wigg
Mark Dodds
Craig Hughes
Russell Wigley
Dean Williams
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
Simon Davies
Gary Brabin
John Leah
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Martyn Giles
Wayne Savage
Jamie Michaels
Carl Davies (Y)
Jonathan Casey (Y)
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
John Toner
Jamie Michaels -> Mark Dodds (67)
Martyn Giles -> Allan Clark (71)
Wayne Savage -> Nathan Wigg (71)
John Toner -> Michael Wilde (66)
Steven Beck -> Simon Davies (71)
Nicky Ward -> Jamie Wood (80)
Nathan Wigg (61)
Craig Hughes (63)
Simon Davies (39)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.