Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Apycom Java Applets
Change:  Move to:
Nov 1st 2003 at 14:30 The Recreation Ground Attendance 330
Caersws FC
0 - 2
Total Network Solutions
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Nicky Ward gets airborne as Caersws' Colin Reynolds slides in for the tackle [Keith Williams, Sportpixs].
Click for more photos

SAINTS successfully negotiated a potentially difficult away match to maintain their perfect League record after 10 games.
It was never going to be easy against a determined Bluebirds' outfit, but in the end TNS ran out relatively comfortable winners of a scrappy encounter, in which they never really found their rhythm or form.
The early exchanges were poor, as both sides struggled for supremacy. But mid-way through the half, Saints stepped up the tempo to pressure the Caersws goal.
Brabin and King tried long range efforts and Mulliner saved from Mike Wilde, before Chris Taylor headed TNS into the lead at the back post from a Martyn Naylor corner.
Play was immediately held up for 11 minutes as referee Phil Southall was unable to continue. Former Premier League referee Gwilym Lewis was called from his seat in the stand to run the line, enabling linesman Mr P H Watts to referee.
The hiatus did nothing to improve the flow of the game and both sides were probably grateful for the half-time whistle.
Saints went further ahead within five minutes of the restart. Wilde's superb cross-field ball found Jamie Wood wide on the right and his cross was hammered into the roof of the net by David Bridgwater, giving Andy Mulliner no chance.
Caersws retaliated with their best passage of play. Graham Evans - who was well policed throughout by Jimmy Aggrey and Tommy Holmes - shot wide from a good position and Andy Marfell also fired wide, before spurning his side's best chance of the day with 10 minutes remaining.
Nicky Ward appeared to have given Saints a third goal when he netted after good work by King and substitute John Toner, but the replacement linesman somewhat controversially flagged for offside.
Gary Brabin was influential for Saints throughout and supplied some defence-splitting passes, while Jimmy Aggrey held the back line together well with his usual aerial dominance.
Referee: P R Southall (P H Watts 35')

None Chris Taylor (35)
David Bridgwater (50)
Starting line-ups
Andrew Mulliner
Andrew Thomas
Mark Howells
Colin Reynolds
Hugh Clarke
Jamie Davies
Kevin Scott
Andrew Marfell
Graham Evans
Graham Jones
Andrew Davies
Dean Williams
Martin Naylor
Chris King
Tommy Holmes
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
David Bridgwater
Gary Brabin
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Mark Probert
Danny Pierce
Nick Beddoes
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
John Toner
Mark Probert -> Graham Jones (31) Nicky Ward -> Michael Wilde (63)
Steven Beck -> David Bridgwater (76)
John Toner -> Jamie Wood (81)
Andrew Marfell (41)
Kevin Scott (41)
Mark Howells (89)
Jimmy Aggrey (70)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.