Change:  Move to:
26.12.2020 at 14:30 Park Avenue Attendance: 903
Aberystwyth Town
0 - 3
The New Saints
Referee: S C Hames WELSH PREMIER-

None Michael Wilde (22)
Michael Wilde (75)
Michael Wilde (90)
Starting line-ups
John Worsnop
Aneurin Thomas
Andy Lee
David Burrows
Chris O'Sullivan
Phil Baker
Marc Lloyd Williams
Bari Morgan
Lee Spike
Ricky Evans
John Lawless
Dean Williams
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Steve Evans
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
David Bridgwater
Nicky Ward
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Gary Finley
Chris Short
Ben Jones
Toby Spain
Simon Davies
Rowan Ardill
Ken McKenna
Justin Perry
Peter Fellows
Ben Jones -> Chris O'Sullivan (60) Justin Perry -> Jamie Wood (82)
Yellow cards
Ricky Evans (5)
Aneurin Thomas (30)
Phil Baker (37)
Jamie Wood (16)
Red cards
None None
Match report | Preview

Jamie Wood tangles with the Aber defence during an early TNS attack.
Pictures from the match

MIKE Wilde grabbed a hat-trick in a superb individual performance to keep Saints at the top of the table.
In a much improved display, TNS battled hard against monsoon conditions and an atrocious playing surface at Park Avenue, to fend off a resolute Aberystwyth side.
Missing several regulars through injury, Ken McKenna named himself on the subs bench, but he was never required as Wilde showed maturity beyond his years to warm his manager's heart.
The young striker opened his account after 22 minutes, when Jimmy Aggrey headed on a Martyn Naylor free-kick for Wilde to strike at the far post.
TNS dominated much of the first period without creating many chances, although Wilde had an effort ruled out for offside, and as the break approached, Aber began to get back into the contest.
Nicky Ward cleared off the goal-line from a corner in the 40th minute and John Lawless headed into the side netting shortly afterwards.
As the rain worsened in the second half, Aber continued to press, although the long ball was becoming the order of the day.
Marc Lloyd-Williams was first denied by Nicky Ward and then saw his overhead kick fall to Ben Jones, who shot straight at Dean Williams.
A surging Martyn Naylor run ended with a shot straight at Worsnop and yet another Wilde effort was deflected wide.
The turning point came with a quarter of an hour to go. The always influential Ricky Evans struck a fierce free kick which took a deflection before being superbly turned away by Williams for a corner.
TNS immediately attacked and Naylor's cross from the right was struck against the left post by Ward, before rebounding across goal for Mike Wilde to pounce.
Wilde fired over from 10 yards with two minutes remaining, but completed his hat-trick with the last kick of the game after good work by substitute Justin Perry.
The whole side battled bravely in the conditions, with Nicky Ward tireless up front and Aggrey, Evans and Taylor dominant at the back.
Saints have now extended their remarkable unbeaten away record to 29 games.