Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Feb 17th 2004 at 19:30 Treflan Attendance 202
The New Saints
2 - 0
Port Talbot Town
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Congratulations for Steven Beck (right) after he had headed Saints' second goal.
Click for more photos

SAINTS got back on the winning trail and opened up a three point lead at the top of the League.
But although the eventual 2-0 margin was comfortable enough, they were given spirited resistance by a rugged Port Talbot outfit.
Saints often had to defend stoutly to keep the visitors at bay, with Steve Evans again a towering presence at the back.
And it was Evans who got TNS on the road to victory after just four minutes, when he headed past Simon Rayner from David Bridgwater's free kick on the right.
But there were no signs of a rout, as both sides found it difficult to create chances in a first half where the defences were always on top.
Saints could thank back-to-form keeper Gerard Doherty for keeping their lead intact to the interval, with a brave save at the feet of Nathan Wigg and a good stop from Nathan Cotterall who, with Alan Clark, was influential down the left flank for the visitors.
Saints badly needed a second goal, but it took the introduction of substitutes John Toner and Steven Beck to end the stalemate.
The pair combined when Toner got behind the Talbot defence on the right, before sending a perfect cross for Beck to head past Rayner.
A poor clearance out of defence gave Mark Dodds a chance from Chris Watkins' cross, but Doherty again saved the day for Saints.
Watkin then blazed miles over the bar from six yards out, before TNS twice nearly added to their tally in the final minutes.
Justin Perry's fierce shot was deflected over the bar and Toner again worked an opening on the right for Beck to bring a superb save from Rayner.
Manager Ken McKenna was satisfied enough with the outcome. "I thought we defended much better tonight," he said.
"Port Talbot are a good side who can beat anyone on their day and I am happy with the three points."
Referee Steve Hames managed to produce seven yellow cards in a game which was competitive, but never dirty and played in a good spirit.
Referee: S C Hames

Steve Evans (4)
Steven Beck (70)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Steve Evans
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Simon Davies
David Bridgwater
Barry Hogan
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Simon Rayner
Robert Cockings
Alan Clark
Richard Carter
Liam Hancock
Hayden Fleming
Sean Mainwaring
Nathan Wigg
Craig Lima
Craig Hughes
Nathan Cotterall
Neil Prescott
Steven Beck
Justin Perry
Dan Hamer
John Toner
Mark Dodds
Chris Watkin
Lee Skyrme
John Toner -> Michael Wilde (60)
Steven Beck -> David Bridgwater (64)
Justin Perry -> Jamie Wood (83)
Chris Watkin -> Sean Mainwaring (78)
Mark Dodds -> Craig Lima (79)
Lee Skyrme -> Craig Hughes (88)
Simon Davies (26)
Barry Hogan (80)
John Toner (84)
Nathan Wigg (17)
Liam Hancock (20)
Craig Lima (45)
Richard Carter (77)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.