Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Match report and stats
Change:  Move to:
Nov 11th 2003 at 19:30 Farrar Road Attendance 432
Bangor City
1 - 3
Total Network Solutions
Match report FAW PREMIER CUP

TNS went top of the Premier Cup's 'group of death' with a hard-earned victory at Farrar Road.
But for more than an hour, it seemed their hopes of a lucrative quarter-final place would founder on Gareth Williams' 23rd minute strike.
Without the suspended Gary Brabin in midfield, Saints also lost Scott Ruscoe to an ankle injury early in the game, and struggled to find fluency or a killer blow against an uninspired, but resolute Bangor outfit.
Themselves shorn of the services of leading scorer Paul Gedman, the home side showed little of the attacking flair that has seen them top the Welsh Premier goal chart, and also lost Owain Tudor Jones at the break.
In a first half of few clear-cut chances, the Citizens took the lead against the run of play when Williams' 20-yard shot appeared to take a cruel bounce and flew off Dean Williams' shoulder into the net.
Simon Davies and Jamie Wood worked a good opening for Steven Beck after 35 minutes, but his over-elaboration ended with his shot being blocked.
Just before the break, Jamie Wood had Saints' best chance of the half from six yards out, but Priestley saved well. At the other end, Tudor Jones mis-kicked from 12 yards.
Saints increased their tempo in the second half and the complexion of the game changed on 70 minutes. Wood played a superb ball to Martyn Naylor on the right wing and when his attempted cross was half-cleared, it fell to Bridgwater who sent a clinical 20-yard finish just inside the right hand post.
After Nicky Ward had then fired into the side netting from a good position, Michael Wilde silenced the home crowd with a superb individual effort to put Saints ahead.
He set off on a jinking run past several Bangor defenders before burying his shot into the far corner from the edge of the box.
The knockout punch came with eight minutes remaining, as Wood again provided for Naylor, who cut inside before firing past Priestley's right hand into the far corner.
With their tails up, TNS went for a fourth, with Ward and Naylor going close, but Bangor could well have pulled a goal back when Lee Hunt's late effort was well saved by Dean Williams.
The game ended with a mass brawl on the half-way line, which resulted in only one player being booked by referee Davies, who hardly endeared himself to either side throughout the evening.
Earlier, Jamie Wood had also seen yellow which means he will miss Saints' final Premier Cup game at Caersws.
Gary Brabin will also sit-out the visit to the Recreation Ground - and the quarter-final tie, should TNS qualify.
Referee: Graham Davies (New Broughton)

Gareth Williams (23) David Bridgwater (70)
Michael Wilde (74)
Martyn Naylor (82)
Starting line-ups
Phil Priestley
Peter Hoy
Alan Goodall
Eifion Jones
Clayton Blackmore
Rae Ingram
Gareth Williams
Owain Tudor Jones
Ross Jefferies
Ricky Evans
Lee Hunt
Dean Williams
Martyn Naylor
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Tommy Holmes
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
Simon Davies
David Bridgwater
Nicky Ward
Jamie Wood
Paul Roberts
Gary Roberts
Hugh Griffiths
Kenny Burgess
Paul Freil
Gerard Doherty
James Hesketh
Steven Beck
Justin Perry
Michael Wilde
Gary Roberts -> Owain Tudor Jones (45)
Hugh Griffiths -> Rae Ingram (59)
Paul Roberts -> Clayton Blackmore (73)
Steven Beck -> Scott Ruscoe (16)
Michael Wilde -> Simon Davies (62)
Justin Perry -> Nicky Ward (89)
Rae Ingram (22)
Ricky Evans (60)
Ross Jefferies (90)
Lee Hunt (90)
Martyn Naylor (25)
Jamie Wood (49)
Jimmy Aggrey (69)
Chris King (81)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.