Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Aug 18th 2001 at 14:30 Richmond Park Attendance 426
Carmarthen Town
3 - 1
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

TNS had a nightmare start to their season as they turned up at Carmarthen Town's Richmond Park without a regular keeper on the team bus.
First choice keeper Mark Deegan had dropped out late on through work commitments, while summer signing Mark Kinsella had already quit Treflan.
It was left to central defender Chris Taylor to make his first full debut since joining from Newtown in goal, and the home side could not believe their luck.
A poor clearance from the stand in keeper saw Ryan Nicholls fire home the first goal after 16 minutes, before Gavin Rees added the second five minutes later.
But despite their disastrous start the Saints steadied the ship until half time and even gave manager Ken McKenna cause for optimism during the second period.
McKenna insisted: "We actually played well, we were always chasing the game but the lads gave it their best effort and we even missed a second half penalty.
"Carmarthen are a very good side and they probably deserved to win the game on the day but I was pleased with how we played, and we could have taken a point.
"On another day we might have got something but it was just one of those days - we came up against a better side and I have no complaints about the result."
Stand in keeper Taylor, atoned for his early mistake by making a few good saves, while Tim Edwards and Steve Morgan both impressed in the heart of defence.
The Saints reduced the arrears when striker John Toner converted after some good work down the right flank by sub Nick Welton, but any hope was short-lived.
Chris Summers took full advantage of some slack defending to score a third goal as Tommi Morgan's useful looking outfit restored their two-goal advantage.
The Saints could have scored again nine minutes from time when Toner was brought down in the box - but Tim Alexander's penalty miss summed up a bad day
Referee: R.Ellingham

Ryan Nicholls (16)
Gavin Rees (27)
Chris Summers (65)
John Toner (56)
Starting line-ups
Mark Powell
Steve Morgan
Lee Coathup
Tim Edwards
Steve Evans
Chris Taylor
Tim Alexander
David Bridgwater
Steve Anthrobus
Jodie Jenkins
John Toner
Ricky Evans
Nick Welton
Anthony Wright
Hicks -> Nicholls (85)
Rossiter -> Evans (13)
Meredith -> Rossiter (65)
Nick Welton -> Steve Evans (32)
Ricky Evans -> David Bridgwater (65)
Anthony Wright -> Jodie Jenkins (66)
Rees (32)
Summers (65)
Fitzgerald (85)
Tim Edwards (40)
David Bridgwater (67)
Tim Alexander (68)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.