Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Apycom Java Applets
Change:  Move to:
Sep 10th 1994 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 205
Total Network Solutions 1 - 3 Inter Cardiff
Match report WELSH PREMIER

SLAPDASH Saints helped Inter's team of strangers to victory with a series of defensive blunders.
The Mid Wales outfit might have taken something from their first home game of the season, but for three gifts they presented to last season's runners-up.
A mistake by keeper Andy Mulliner and two errors by the central defence were to blame, and boss lan Clarke said: "Our problems are with losing concentration, and we were punished by a side I didn't think outplayed us."
Clarke, in his first full season of management, added: "It's the same story as last year — we are giving away goals and not converting our own chances."
Inter, who have made wholesale changes from last season and have yet to gel, had veteran keeper George Wood and striker Paul Hunter to thank.
Wood stopped lan Howatt's 74th minute penalty after being harshly adjudged to have fouled the Saints substitute, and his flying stop from Gary Evans' free-kick 10 minutes later was even more impressive.
Hunter, the former Barry and Telford United forward, finished well when, five minutes after the break, he ran clear of a static back line to prod the ball past Mulliner.
And seconds from time, after Mulliner had come out of his goal and failed to clear, he sent a telling shot from 30 yards into an unguarded net.
Inter's real star, though, was right-back Ross Knight who proved too much for Saints' defence with his powerful wing runs and laid the second goal on a plate for ex-Porthmadog hot-shot Dave Taylor.
Knight showed good pace on the right before centring for the unmarked Taylor to nod home from a couple of yards, giving the visitors a two-goal cushion on 63 minutes.
But Saints were not without their chances, and looked to be unjustly denied an llth minute opener when Gary Evans cut in from the right to fire in a shot by the near post.
Home players acclaimed the strike but referee Berry disallowed the effort, claiming the ball had gone in through the side netting. The official found no fault with the netting when he inspected it, but insisted the goal should not stand.
The impressive Jason Weetman stabbed Gary Evans' free-kick just over early in the second half, but finally got his reward two minutes from time by setting up Saints' goal.
After a half-cleared corner, he slammed in a shot which looked to be going in before Howatt got the final touch to make sure.
On this form, Saints should at least avoid the drop. But tightening the defence has to be a priority for Clarke.

Ian Howatt (87)
Paul Hunter (50)
Dave Taylor (62)
Paul Hunter (89)
Starting line-ups
Andy Mulliner
Mike Brown
Andrew Clarke
Gary Jones
Daniel Blocksidge
Jason Weetman
Robert Macauley
Ian Evans
Gary Evans
Mark Baker
Andy Oakley
K Brown
L Jones
Alan Woan
Craig Goodwin
Ian Howatt
Ian Howatt -> Robert Macauley (67)
Chiverton -> Pike (86)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.