Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Apycom Java Applets
Change:  Move to:
Nov 8th 2003 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 166
Total Network Solutions 5 - 1 Llangefni Town
Match report WELSH CUP / 3rd Round

SAINTS moved smoothly into the last 16 of the Welsh Cup, but Llangefni's goalkeeper, Richard Harvey, prevented a total rout with a man of the match performance.
The former Porthmadog stopper produced a string of fine saves that enabled the Cymru Alliance outfit to leave Treflan with pride intact.
The gulf in class had been apparent from as early as the second minute, when Jamie Wood found Martyn Naylor in acres of space on the right. His cross was returned across goal by Scott Ruscoe, for David Bridgwater to head home at the far post.
Wilde missed a great chance to double Saints' lead when he blazed over from five yards after Holmes and Wood had combined on the left to set-up the chance.
Harvey then denied Bridgwater from a free kick after 25 minutes with a good save to his left, before Llangefni rocked TNS with a shock equaliser.
After good work by Aled Owen and Alan Jones, Nigel Barry swept a great shot from just inside the box past Dean Williams and into the far corner.
The home side created several chances before Aggrey was brought down 20 yards out and Scott Ruscoe sent a curling free kick round the wall to give Harvey no chance.
The keeper produced another great stop after Naylor's shot was deflected, to keep the Anglesey men in the game at the break.
But the roof fell in soon after the restart as TNS scored twice in three minutes. King's cross from the left was headed in by Wood at the far post and Ruscoe then grabbed his second with a well taken shot from 12 yards, after Wilde and Bridgwater had worked the opening from Aggrey's long clearance.
The Llangefni keeper could hardly be blamed for any of the goals and twice saved well from former England U-16 international, Steven Beck, who gave a cameo performance after being introduced on the hour.
Wood had a 'goal' ruled out for offside but Saints' fifth goal duly arrived in the 78th minute after Brabin and Wilde put Ward through to net from 10 yards.
Ward should have added number six in the final minute, but he somehow missed a yawning goal-mouth from close range.
Llangefni battled bravely throughout and both Jason Saddler and Jason Roberts shot wide during rare second half attacks.
Referee: B Bevan (Wrexham)

David Bridgwater (2)
Scott Ruscoe (36)
Jamie Wood (49)
Scott Ruscoe (52)
Nicky Ward (78)
Nigel Barry (23)
Starting line-ups
Dean Williams
Martin Naylor
Chris King
Tommy Holmes
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
David Bridgwater
Gary Brabin
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Richard Harvey
Aled Owen
Jason Thomas
Richard Hughes
Adrian Moody
Nigel Barry
Alan Jones
Jonathan Parry
Gerallt Jones
Jason Saddler
Iwan Jones
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
Simon Davies
Jason Roberts
Chris Roberts
Bob Parry
Simon Davies -> Scott Ruscoe (56)
Steven Beck -> David Bridgwater (59)
Nicky Ward -> Jamie Wood (78)
Jason Roberts -> Alan Jones (73)
Chris Roberts -> Iwan Jones (73)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.