Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Apycom Java Applets
Change:  Move to:
Mar 23rd 2004 at 19:30 Treflan Attendance 206
Total Network Solutions
1 - 3
Caersws FC
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Jamie Wood shields the ball from a Caersws challenge.
Click for more photos

SAINTS were caught cold by their mid-Wales rivals and were effectively knocked out of the contest within the first 25 minutes.
On a night when TNS created far more chances than the Bluebirds, the visitors underlined the old adage by taking theirs with aplomb to leave Saints' championship aspirations in tatters.
The rot set in after eight minutes, when the home defence was at sixes and sevens from a Chris Venables corner, which was headed in by Hugh Clarke.
Missing Steve Evans, disciplined internally by the club, the Saints' back line was all over the place and with 21 minutes on the clock, Barry Hogan conceded a free kick just outside the box.
Venables stepped up to curl a superb effort past the despairing Ged Doherty and into the top corner.
Saints had barely recovered from the shock before Graham Evans went past several defenders before planting a low shot past Doherty.
On a night when there was frequent pinball in the Caersws area, Andy Mulliner's goal led a charmed life.
Jamie Wood and Carl Rodgers both went close before Wood finally pulled a goal back 10 minutes before the break.
A superb run down the right by Martyn Naylor ended with Wood forcing the ball past Mulliner from close range, via a defender.
Chris Venables flashed a dangerous corner across the face of the TNS goal shortly after the restart before a Geraint Lewis shot was well blocked by Tommy Holmes.
For the rest of the game Saints raided the Caersws half without any success.
Scott Ruscoe's shot was was well held by Mulliner, Aggrey fired over a gaping goal and Mike Wilde rushed his shot when well placed to score.
With a quarter of an hour left, a rare Caersws attack ended with Doherty blocking Kevin Scott's shot after good work by Graham Evans.
It was a rare moment of relief for the Bluebirds defence, but they held firm to ensure Ken McKenna's last game before his dugout ban was not one he will want to remember.
Referee: N L Morgan

Jamie Wood (35)
Hugh Clarke (8)
Chris Venables (21)
Graham Evans (25)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martin Naylor
Chris King
Tommy Holmes
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Barry Hogan
Scott Ruscoe
Carl Rodgers
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Andy Mulliner
Andrew Thomas
Kevin Scott
Mark Howells
Hugh Clarke
Geraint Lewis
Chris Venables
Andrew Marfell
Graham Evans
Graham Jones
Andrew Davies
Steven Beck
Rowan Ardill
Justin Perry
John Toner
Richard Evans
Jamie Davis
Mark Probert
Marc Lewis
John Toner -> Carl Rodgers (66)
Steven Beck -> Jimmy Aggrey (80)
Justin Perry -> Michael Wilde (85)
Chris Taylor (66)
Geraint Lewis (32)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.