Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Aug 28th 2004 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 204
The New Saints
5 - 0
Caernarfon Town
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Tommy Holmes polices an attacking move.
Click for more photos
Power-packed Saints cage Canaries

CAERNARFON have been a bogy team in recent seasons, but there was never any chance of an upset as TNS produced a champagne display to demolish the previously unbeaten Canaries.
This was a stylish display, full of fine individual performances but most of all a team effort of often awesome tempo.
But the main talking point for fans after the game was a cameo appearance by Marc Lloyd-Williams.
Leading three-nil, Saints introduced Jiws 10 minutes from time and his impact was immediate, netting twice in two minutes to provide the icing on the cake.
TNS pressured the Canaries from the start, with John Lawless, Nicky Ward, Steve Evans and Barry Hogan all going close.
Somehow David Walsh's goal survived until the 36th minute when Chris King’s precision cross from the left wing was headed powerfully into the far corner by Nicky Ward.
Walsh produced a fine save to deny Jamie Wood before Lawless almost increased the lead on the stroke of half-time.
He gave the Town defence a torrid time all afternoon, but when he cut along the by-line his shot hit the foot of a post.
More chances followed in the second-half, but it took a rare visiting attack to provide a wake-up call.
Gerard Doherty was forced to save with his feet from former Wrexham striker Lee Jones, but an immediate break upfield ended with John Toner scoring from close range after Nicky Ward’s shot had been blocked by Walsh.
Ward was denied a second goal when his header from another King cross hit the bar, but the best goal of the day came on 79 minutes when Lawless again tormented the Caernarfon defence before firing home from 15 yards.
Caernarfon’s misery was complete when referee Andy Richards finally lost his patience and sent off Martyn Chalk for a second yellow card and Dylan Owen for a vicious upending of Lawless.
"We played as well in the first half as we have done for some time and showed what a good side we can be," said manager Ken McKenna.
Referee: A Richards

Nicky Ward (36)
John Toner (67)
John Lawless (79)
Marc Lloyd Williams (87)
Marc Lloyd Williams (89)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Steve Evans
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Barry Hogan
John Leah
Nicky Ward
John Lawless
Jamie Wood
David Walsh
Mark Hobson
Osian Jones
Martyn Chalk
Tim Brandreth
Craig Hogg
Gwyn Peters
Leigh Williams
Lee Jones
Aaron Thomas
Luke Campbell
Steven Beck
Marc Lloyd Williams
John Toner
Mark Evans
Dylan Owen
Colin Quirk
John Toner -> John Leah (46)
Steven Beck -> Jamie Wood (80)
Marc Lloyd Williams -> Nicky Ward (80)
Mark Evans -> Osian Jones (67)
Dylan Owen -> Aaron Thomas (72)
Colin Quirk -> Gwyn Peters (72)
Jimmy Aggrey (40)
Mark Hobson (31)
Martyn Chalk (33)
Osian Jones (53)
None Martyn Chalk (84)
Dylan Owen (89)
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.