Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Sep 18th 2004 at 14:30 The Airfield Attendance 200
Airbus UK Broughton
0 - 6
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Mike Wilde follows-up for Saints' first goal, which was credited to Marc Lloyd-Williams.
Click for more photos
Airfield cruise for Saints

MANAGER Ken McKenna named himself in a seriously depleted squad but TNS were far too classy for the league's new boys.
The Planemakers were celebrating their first-ever Welsh Premier game at The Airfield, but any hopes of christening their debut with an unlikely win were soon quashed.
Marc Lloyd-Williams again led the way with his second hat-trick in successive league games and, once Saints found their rhythm after a slow start, the result was never in doubt and it was just a question of damage limitation for Rob Lythe's side.
Although Airbus skipper Paul Dodd was just inches away from getting on the end of an early free kick, Jimmy Aggrey sparked the first TNS goal on 15 minutes with a superb cross-field ball to John Lawless on the left.
His cross was met by Marc Lloyd-Williams' whose effort was turned against the post by Stuart McIntosh and into the net. Mike Wilde followed up to make sure, but the goal was credited to Jiws after the game.
The red-headed striker got on the score-sheet again minutes later with an instinctive striker's goal, his superb first-time chip looping over the keeper into the empty net.
On the half-hour, TNS put the game beyond reach when John Toner made a good run down the right and beat the Airbus defence with his pin-point cross for Lloyd-Williams to head past McIntosh from close range.
In first-half stoppage time John Lawless grabbed the first of a brace within 10 minutes, put in the clear by Nicky Ward's superb pass and beating McIntosh one-on-one.
His second came from a Steven Beck cross and Mike Wilde rounded off the scoring two minutes from time when he cut down the by-line from Ken McKenna's pass before beating a defender and firing a low shot across the Airbus keeper into the far corner.
TNS Scholarship youth Nathan Brown made his Welsh Premier debut as a second-half substitute.
Referee: P R Southall

None Marc Lloyd Williams (14)
Marc Lloyd Williams (18)
Marc Lloyd Williams (28)
John Lawless (45)
John Lawless (55)
Michael Wilde (87)
Starting line-ups
Stuart McIntosh
John Davies
Paul Dowridge
Paul Dodd
Steve Hughes
Steve Hopkins
John Farrell
Lee McElmeel
Joe Desormeaux
James McIntosh
Richard Smart
Gerard Doherty
Chris King
Steve Evans
Jimmy Aggrey
Tommy Holmes
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Lawless
John Toner
James Hussaney
John Dowridge
James Dean
Chris Taylor
Ken McKenna
Nathan Brown
James Dean -> Steve Hopkins (51)
John Dowridge -> Steve Hughes (58)
James Hussaney -> Richard Smart (60)
Nathan Brown -> John Toner (60)
Ken McKenna -> Nicky Ward (72)
Chris Taylor -> John Lawless (81)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.