Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Match report and stats
Change:  Move to:
Sep 25th 2004 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 243
Total Network Solutions
2 - 0
Carmarthen Town
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Marc Lloyd-Williams is well marked by the Carmarthen defence
Click for more photos
Saints overcome dogged Carmarthen

SAINTS maintained a three-point lead at the top of the table and ended Carmarthen's 100 per cent record with a deserved victory at Trelfan.
But it was never easy against the dogged and physical visitors, who also created some useful chances.
After a bright opening by Mark Jones's men, TNS got the perfect start.
Michael Wilde broke from the half-way line to feed John Toner, who skipped past advancing keeper Tony Pennock to cross for Wilde to send his close range header into the net after just nine minutes.
Leading scorer Marc Lloyd-Williams failed to get on the score sheet for once, but came very close with two first-half efforts which fizzed past the uprights.
The visitors showed their attacking threat when Steve Evans misjudged a header and Mattie Davies broke through, but Sainrs' keeper Gerard Doherty did well to spread himself and saved at his feet.
Carmarthen keeper Pennock was fortunate when he appeared to handle Chris King's cross outside the box, but the officials did not react.
TNS found it harder to breach the Town rearguard after the break, although John Lawless fired just over from the edge of the box.
Craig Lima headed over at the other end from a Cotterrall run and cross after John Toner had lost the ball and Lima then returned the favour for Cotterall at the near post, but he could only fire wide.
Lloyd-Williams went close on 65 minutes when he shrugged off a couple of defenders before seeing his shot excellently saved by Pennock, who then induced panic in his defence when he flailed and missed from a corner, with three TNS players failing to convert.
But Saints finally got the second goal they needed to seal the points 11 minutes from time, when a superb long clearance from Steve Evans found Lawless in space on the left and his lobbed shot was helped into the back of the net via a visiting defender.
There was more controversy involving Pennock five minutes from time when Wilde was brought down on the edge of the box but the keeper escaped with a booking.
Referee: S Jones

Michael Wilde (9)
John Lawless (79)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Chris King
Steve Evans
Jimmy Aggrey
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Lawless
John Toner
Tony Pennock
Luke Hardy
Gary Lloyd
Martyn Giles
Neil Smothers
Rhodri Jones
Mark Dodds
Richard Kennedy
Craig Lima
Mattie Davies
Nathan Cotterrall
Chris Taylor
Barry Hogan
Ken McKenna
Dale Price
Leigh deVulgt
Rhys Griffiths
Barry Hogan -> Steven Beck (80)
Ken McKenna -> Michael Wilde (89)
Chris Taylor -> John Lawless (90)
Rhys Griffiths -> Mattie Davies (66)
Dale Price -> Mark Dodds (73)
Steven Beck (76)
John Lawless (80)
Barry Hogan (85)
Richard Kennedy (25)
Craig Lima (29)
Mattie Davies (32)
Rhodri Jones (53)
Tony Pennock (85)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.