Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Oct 23rd 2004 at 14:30 The Traeth Attendance 347
Porthmadog FC
1 - 2
The New Saints
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Mike Wilde gets a shot away through the Porthmadog defence
Click for more photos
Saints end Port's unbeaten run

TNS ended Porthmadog's unbeaten run at The Traeth, but for 45 minutes it didn't look likely as the home side gave a good account of themselves and deservedly took the lead.
Gerard Doherty ran out to intercept Gareth Caughter's through ball, but Carl Owen was quick off the mark and rounded the keeper to fire a well taken goal into an unguarded net.
On a pitch which had recovered well from attacks by Canada geese and torrential rain, Viv Williams' side showed why they have made such a good start to the campaign, playing some fluent attacking football and well-marshalled at the back by Ryan Davies and Lee Webber.
Doherty had to deal with a stinger from Gareth Parry as early as the third minute and Aled Rowlands spurned a good chance at the back post.
Only Marc Lloyd-Williams was able to get into scoring positions, but with a limited supply he was unable to test home keeper Gerard McGuigan and could only offer a tame shot after being let in by a rare Ryan Davies error.
It was a different tale after the break, with Lloyd-Williams levelling the scores within two minutes of the restart.
He held off his markers on the edge of the box before turning to fire a fine individual effort past McGuigan.
Seven minutes later, Michael Wilde put TNS into the lead, diving to head from the edge of the six-yard box after being found by Chris King's excellent left wing cross.
Porthmadog's first half efforts took their toll and, despite two early second-half substitutions, they were unable to find the legs to trouble Saints at the back again, apart from Owain Roberts with a swerving long range effort which was well held by Doherty.
Ken McKenna's men seemed content to shut up shop and sit on their lead and only a late Jamie Wood shot after good combination play by Toner and Ruscoe down the right threatened to add to the margin of victory as the gloom and rain closed in again on north Wales.
Referee: S Jones

Carl Owen (23) Marc Lloyd Williams (47)
Michael Wilde (54)
Starting line-ups
Gerard McGuigan
John G Jones
Richie Owen
Ryan Davies
Lee Webber
Owain Roberts
Gareth Parry
Gareth Caughter
Mark Williams
Carl Owen
Aled Rowlands
Gerard Doherty
Chris King
Steve Evans
Jimmy Aggrey
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Toner
Jamie Wood
Dave Evans
Mike Foster
Tony Williams
Barry Evans
Martyn Naylor
Chris Taylor
John Leah
Tony Williams -> Mark Williams (56)
Mike Foster -> Aled Rowlands (58)
John Leah -> Michael Wilde (78)
Martyn Naylor -> Marc Lloyd Williams (83)
Gareth Caughter (80)
John G Jones (81)
Richie Owen (83)
Michael Wilde (42)
Gerard Doherty (78)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.