Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Match report and stats
Change:  Move to:
Jan 15th 2005 at 14:30 The Oval Attendance 158
Caernarfon Town
0 - 7
Total Network Solutions
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Caernarfon keeper David Walsh punches away an early TNS attack
Click for more photos
Seven-goal Saints silence Canaries

MARC Lloyd-Williams became the first player to score 200 goals in the Welsh Premier League as seven-goal TNS demolished woeful Caernarfon at The Oval.
Home manager Wayne Phillips said he was expecting a backlash after Saints' New Year's Day defeat at Welshpool and he didn't have long to wait.
A three goal burst in the opening 13 minutes put TNS in total command, with Mike Wilde starting the rout in the third minute with a six yard shot from Martin Naylor's cross.
Five minutes later, Lloyd-Williams was on hand to head past keeper David Walsh from close range after Stevie Evans had headed on a cross from man-of-the-match Barry Hogan.
Scott Ruscoe provided a through ball for Wilde to beat Walsh on 13 minutes, but although Saints were in the ascendancy there were no further goals until the second-half.
Jiws fired over the bar from the edge of the box from another Hogan pass and Walsh saved well at point blank range from Wilde.
TNS had the ball in the net on the half-hour from an Evans flick-on, but it was mysteriously ruled out by referee Jones.
The Canaries' first goal-bound effort of the match was a weakly struck shot from Wayne Phillips.
Goals started to arrive again in the 54th minute and it was Jiws' 200th, a virtual tap-in after Walsh had misjudged a lobbed Naylor right-wing cross.
Young midfielder Hogan, who was in the thick of most TNS attacks, provided the pass for Naylor to crash in the fifth from the edge of the box.
Substitutes Nicky Ward and John Toner then joined in the action, Ward's surging run setting up Lloyd-Williams for a trademark turn and shot to seal his hat-trick.
Toner had been on the field just 41 seconds when he scored with his first touch from Wilde's through ball, to seal a convincing victory that gives Saints renewed confidence for their crucial clash with Rhyl next week.
Referee: S Jones

None Michael Wilde (3)
Marc Lloyd Williams (8)
Michael Wilde (13)
Marc Lloyd Williams (54)
Martyn Naylor (63)
Marc Lloyd Williams (69)
John Toner (76)
Starting line-ups
David Walsh
Mark Evans
Osian Jones
Martin Chalk
Mark Hobson
Jim McNulty
Craig Hogg
Rob Williams
Lee Jones
Michael Bird
Wayne Phillips
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Steve Evans
Tommy Holmes
Chris Taylor
Scott Ruscoe
Barry Hogan
John Leah
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
Jamie Wood
Gwyn Peters
Cerwyn Roberts
Marcus Orlik
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
John Toner
Marcus Orlik -> Martin Chalk (66)
Cerwyn Roberts -> Osian Jones (71)
Nicky Ward -> Jamie Wood (62)
Steven Beck -> John Leah (71)
John Toner -> Scott Ruscoe (75)
Martin Chalk (28)
Wayne Phillips (40)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.