Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Oct 2nd 2004 at 14:30 Treflan Attendance 213
The New Saints
5 - 0
Connah's Quay Nomads
Match report WELSH CUP / 2nd Round

Lloyd-Williams strikes for his fourth goal.
Click for more photos
Four-goal Jiws ends Nomads' hopes

MARC Lloyd-Williams hit Connah’s Quay with the old 1-2 to leave them on the Welsh Cup ropes after only nine minutes of this tie,
And a relaxed Saints went on to record a convincing win, with Jiws hitting his third hat-trick of the season before half-time and adding a fourth near the end.
The rot started as early as the third minute for Nomads when Lloyd-Williams curled his shot superbly into the corner of Craig Bryan’s net after Mike Wilde had held off defenders to clear the way from a Tommy Holmes cross.
Darren Williams could have levelled five minutes later when he headed over the bar unmarked from a Gareth Owen delivery and when Jon Kenworthy's corner was met by Danny Jellicoe, his header was blocked on the line by Scott Ruscoe.
The visitors were two down a minute later, when John Toner put Jiws in for his second with a superb through ball.
With the gusting wind making life difficult for both sides, TNS struggled to find their usual rhythm, but Lloyd-Williams could well have been awarded a penalty mid-way through the half after being fouled by Chris Williams,.
But referee Kevin Parry had no alternative to a spot kick after Scott Ruscoe was felled by George Horan as he bore down on goal, and Jiws made no mistake.
Gerard Doherty had earlier produced a superb one-handed save to keep out Owen’s free kick and again did well eight minutes after the break to stop Darren Williams, with a follow-up shot from Tommy Mutton being blocked by the defence.
With 11 minutes remaining, John Lawless hit a superb first-time volley past Bryan after being picked out by Steven Beck’s pinpoint cross.
Lloyd-Williams had gone close on several occasions and had the ball in the net from a Lawless run and pass on 70 minutes only to be ruled offside.
But he had the final word when he picked up a loose ball in midfield and beat defenders on a solo run before rifling the ball past Bryan for his 14th league and cup goal of the season.

* Brothers Tommy Holmes (TNS) and Jamie Holmes (Nomads) played on opposing sides.
Referee: K J Parry

Marc Lloyd Williams (3)
Marc Lloyd Williams (9)
Marc Lloyd Williams (pen) (44)
John Lawless (79)
Marc Lloyd Williams (82)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Chris King
Steve Evans
Jimmy Aggrey
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Steven Beck
Marc Lloyd Williams
Michael Wilde
John Lawless
John Toner
Craig Bryan
Jamie Holmes
Stuart Terry
Craig Hutchinson
George Horan
Danny Jellicoe
Chris Williams
Tommy Mutton
Darren Williams
Jon Kenworthy
Gareth Owen
Chris Taylor
Barry Hogan
Nicky Ward
Nicky Brookman
Stuart Rain
Andy Griffiths
Nicky Ward -> Chris King (62)
Barry Hogan -> Michael Wilde (72)
Chris Taylor -> Jimmy Aggrey (72)
Nicky Brookman -> Craig Hutchinson (69)
Andy Griffiths -> Chris Williams (75)
Stuart Rain -> Jamie Holmes
Chris King (30)
Michael Wilde (30)
George Horan (45)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.