Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Feb 8th 2005 at 19:30 Treflan Attendance 279
The New Saints
1 - 1
Airbus UK Broughton
Match report WELSH PREMIER

Marc Lloyd Williams celebrates as Mike Wilde turns away after giving Saints the lead
Click for more photos
Sloppy TNS drop vital points

SAINTS' title hopes were dealt a potentially crippling blow as they were held to a 1-1 draw by bottom club Airbus.
Manager Ken McKenna chose to rest several regulars, including leading scorer Marc Lloyd-Williams, but the move backfired as Saints surrendered two vital points.
The visitors defended resolutely for 79 minutes, without ever posing an attacking threat, before Mike Wilde finally broke their resistance with his 15th Welsh Premier goal of the season.
Nicky Ward beat his man down the left and as his cross ricocheted around the edge of the box, Wilde pounced to beat keeper Paul Whitfield.
TNS were slow into their stride and although John Leah tested Whitfield with a 25-yarder after seven minutes, the first serious threat came after 24, when the ball broke free to Wilde who was foiled by the keeper.
Leah and Wilde were both wide with further efforts before the best chance of the first spell fell to Nicky Ward, who could have done better when one-on-one with Whitfield.
Ward then miscued badly just before the break when again in the clear, and although Saints stepped up a gear after the break, Beck and Lawless were both off-target from good positions.
Airbus had threatened briefly earlier in the half when Richard Smart found Simon Andrews at the far post, but the spectating Gerard Doherty got down to save.
But they exposed the Saints rearguard three minutes from time with a flowing move that found substitute Craig Jones free on the right, and he beat a despairing tackle from Lawless before planting the ball past Doherty for an equaliser which Rob Lythe's men had thoroughly deserved for sticking to their task.
Ken McKenna will no doubt reflect that a full strength line-up might have secured the points in time for key players to be rested once the job was done.
His topsy-turvy approach could prove crucial come the end of the season.
Referee: S L Evans

Michael Wilde (79)
Craig Jones (87)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Chris King
Jimmy Aggrey
Chris Taylor
Tommy Holmes
Steven Beck
Barry Hogan
John Leah
Nicky Ward
Michael Wilde
John Lawless
Paul Whitfield
Steve Hughes
Steve Hopkins
Paul Dodd
John Davies
Simon Peers
James Woods
John Dowridge
Simon Andrews
James McIntosh
Richard Smart
Matt Kirkham
Steve Evans
Scott Ruscoe
Marc Lloyd Williams
Craig Ryan
Kevin Leach
Colin Quirke
Craig Jones
Marc Lloyd Williams -> Barry Hogan (60)
Steve Evans -> Jimmy Aggrey (68)
Scott Ruscoe -> Nicky Ward (88)
Kevin Leach -> Simon Andrews (80)
Craig Jones -> James Woods (84)
Colin Quirke -> Simon Peers (86)
None None
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.