Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Total Network Solutions FC squad and stat attack
Change:  Move to:
Jan 26th 2005 at 19:00 Treflan Attendance 515
The New Saints
2 - 1
Rhyl FC
Match report FAW PREMIER CUP / Quarter-final

Steve Evans celebrates after grabbing the equaliser for TNS
Click for more photos
Wood winner is just priceless

A 66th-minute goal from Jamie Wood extracted some revenge for last season's disappointments at the hands of Rhyl and sent TNS into their first-ever FAW Premier Cup semi-final.
With £25,000 guaranteed for losers in the last four, it was a priceless goal and just reward for the frontman's lively second-half performance.
Although Gerard Doherty was forced into an early save from Marc Limbert, Saints dominated play from the start and John Toner should have done better when one-on-one with Rhyl keeper Smith after both Timmy Edwards and Greg Stones had failed to cut out a through ball.
But TNS lost their way after gifting the Lillies the lead mid-way through the first-half.
There was little danger when John Leah headed into his own net from a corner, later saying he lost the ball in the floodlights.
Boosted by their lead, Rhyl had much the better of the remaining first-half play, but TNS came out with their sleeves rolled up for the second spell.
Barry Hogan was unlucky to see his deflected effort bounce down off the bar without crossing the line and Steve Evans fired just wide when Mike Wilde flicked on a Naylor free-kick.
With Hogan, Toner and Wood carving holes in the Rhyl defence a goal was inevitable and the increasing pressure finally gained its reward after 57 minutes, when a Greg Stones foul led to a free-kick.
Saints forced a corner and Limbert could only clear Wilde's header off the line to the feet of Evans who cooly delivered a six-yard shot into the corner of the net.
Wood sent a teasing ball across the face of the Rhyl goal with no Saints' player able to connect and keeper Paul Smith, whose error probably cost his side a point on Sunday, was a hero for the visitors, making a string of fine saves.
But he could do nothing to stop Wood's excellent first-time finish after Scott Ruscoe had cleverly chipped a cross to the far post.
In a heart-stopping finish, Chris King was lucky to escape a penalty shout after impeding Lee Hunt, but referee Lawlor waved play on and substitute Peter Smith somehow missed a gaping goalmouth with Gerard Doherty already committed.
There was still time for Toner to put in substitute Marc Lloyd-Williams, but Smith was again equal to the task with a diving stop at the striker's feet.
Referee: B Lawlor

Steve Evans (57)
Jamie Wood (66)
John Leah, og (27)
Starting line-ups
Gerard Doherty
Martyn Naylor
Steve Evans
Jimmy Aggrey
Tommy Holmes
Scott Ruscoe
Barry Hogan
John Leah
Michael Wilde
John Toner
Jamie Wood
Paul Smith
Jamie Brewerton
Greg Stones
Mark Powell
Timmy Edwards
Stuart Graves
Gareth Wilson
Marc Limbert
Lee Hunt
Chris McGinn
Chris Adamson
Lee Williams
Chris King
Steven Beck
Nicky Ward
Marc Lloyd Williams
Lee Atherton
Peter Smith
Kenny Burgess
Gary Powell
Jason Turner
Marc Lloyd Williams -> Michael Wilde (77)
Chris King -> Scott Ruscoe (83)
Lee Atherton -> Jamie Brewerton (75)
Peter Smith -> Stuart Graves (82)
None Chris Adamson (63)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
The New Saints played as Total Network Solutions from 1997 to end of season 2005/6.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.