Saints-Alive! The Total Network Solutions Football Club website
Apycom Java Applets
Change:  Move to:
Jan 12th 2002 at 14:30 The Bridge Meadow Attendance 242
Haverfordwest County
3 - 3
Total Network Solutions
Match report WELSH PREMIER

TOTAL Network Solutions maintained top spot in the League of Wales despite a below par performance at Haverfordwest which saw them twice throw away the lead.
Manager Ken McKenna was left demanding an immediate improvement from his players as they attempt to pull away from the chasing pack for the championship run in.
"We lacked discipline and it was two points dropped," fumed McKenna.
"Defensive errors let them back in the game twice and we just did not perform on the day.
We are a club with ambition which is trying to progress, we have set high standards for ourselves and I was not happy with our performance last weekend."
Haverfordwest, who have had to overcome their early season financial problems, matched the illustrious league leaders for much of this high scoring encounter.
The Saints dictated the early period of the game with Nicky Ward's corner having to be cleared off the line while Ricky Evans forced a save with his free-kick.
The visitors continued their attacking play with the hard-working Evans firing against the bar from 30 yards before unmarked striker Justin Perry headed over.
But the Saints were left stunned on 35 minutes when they fell behind to an opportunist goal from Grant Thomas who pounced on a Steve Evans error to score.
Undeterred, the visitors continued to attack and their equaliser arrived on 44 minutes when livewire Ward reacted first after Perry's cross was deflected.
They took the lead on the hour through the prolific John Toner but Haverfordwest levelled within six minutes when Richard Adams seized upon a defensive mix-up.
The Saints however looked to have wrapped up a hard-fought away victory with 19 minutes remaining when Robbie Wood smashed the ball home from a Ward corner.
Yet with time running out Haverfordwest's hero was second-half substitute Marcus Taylor who earned his side a precious point with a powerful diving header.
The visitors continued to attack without reward, but at least Connah's Quay's inability to beat Port Talbot at home meant that the Saints stayed top.
Referee: J A Collins

G.Thomas (32)
Adams (62)
Taylor (78)
Nicky Ward (40)
John Toner (56)
Robbie Wood (75)
Starting line-ups
P Blain
D Blain
G Thomas
Gerard Doherty
Derek Ward
Robbie Wood
Steve Evans
Tim Alexander
Chris Edge
John Leah
Ricky Evans
Nicky Ward
Justin Perry
John Toner
N Thomas
Mark Powell
David Bridgwater
Gary Powell
Hudgell -> Roberts (45)
Taylor -> Elliott (55)
David Bridgwater -> Steve Evans (66)
Mark Powell -> Chris Edge (66)
Gary Powell -> Derek Ward (69)
Elliott (22) Ricky Evans (89)
None None
Powered by tplSoccerStats 2.2 © 2003 TPL Design
NOTE: For comparison purposes, teams are referred to throughout all seasons by their current names.
Substitute minutes of 99 indicate actual times not known.
NEWI Cefn Druids played as Flexsys Cefn Druids prior to 2003/4.
Port Talbot Town played as Port Talbot Athletic prior to 2001/2.
Total Network Solutions played as Llansantffraid FC prior to 1997/8.
Match-by-match player stats for season 1993/4 are largely unavailable.